• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

The Electronic Cigarette........

omeg

Hi friends:What will they think of next. I know it has been out for awhile now but I was just introduced to the electronic cigarette. Does it have a cord? Do  you plug it in?  Those were just some of the things I thought to myself, but didnt dare ask outloud.My brother is going on 3 weeks without a real cigarette thanks to the electronic smoke he has adopted.He brought me one this last time he came to see me.  Singing its praises all the way.I took it from him, and gave it a once over.It is heavier than a real smoke is, and it is a hard material when you put it to your lips. First time I tried to hold it with my lips it fell out from the weight of it.It does however look like a real smoke, just larger.They come in Menthol and regular, and cost about 9 bucks.  You get about 400 puffs out of a single one, and I guess you just throw it away when your done.  Not sure yet if they are supposed to be recycled.I took a few hits, and you know, I was impressed. Although it didnt taste like any smoke I ever had, it wasnt bad.  It gave me the feeling of a cigarette when I inhaled, and I blew out what looked like smoke, yet it wasnt.  No smell, no taste, no tar, just air.     I agreed I would try it one of these days so my brother would leave me alone, and I put it in my desk drawer.It made me laugh, it actually lights up on the end like a little pen light shining red when you inhale. As if to convince yourself it is even more like a real smoke. What do any of you know about these things? Are they safe? All I know is I had a headache after I puffed on it a little while, and then I caught a chest cold. Any comments are welcome:Thanks so much....                                                                                    Pam How will businesses react to these when people start carrying them inside of non smoking buildings?  

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
You have got to take a picture of you puffing on one of those cigarettes , Pam. I want to see the end light up. lolDo you have a link? I'll google. lol Here's a link to a free trial. I have no idea what the t's and c's are on the free trial (hahaha t's and c's ... omg I am a gambler) but thought I would post it. http://www.safesecuretrial.com/offer/blkyllwds/#order_form-- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 11:34:33 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Electronic Cigarette SafetyElectronic Cigarette Safety: Examine the FactsIf youre new to electronic cigarettes also known as e cigarettes you may be wondering about electronic cigarette safety.E cigarettes main ingredients are nicotine, propylene gylcol and flavorings. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has certified them as legal to use.E cigarette safety comes about because the devices can use far less nicotine than a regular cigarette. In fact, the disposal liquid nicotine cartridges used in electronic cigarettes come in different nicotine strengths, thus allowing the user to decide how much or how little nicotine he or she inhales.Propylene gylcol, used to make the fake smoke that that emits from smoke machine at theme parks and concerts, is used in e cigarettes to create the smoke vapor that the device emits when the user inhales on the electronic cigarette, triggering the atomizer to heat up and vaporize the liquid nicotine in the e cigarettes cartridge.Some users have reported that their nose and/or throat feels slightly dry for a bit when they smoke an electronic cigarette. Should the irritation or discomfort become great, e cigarette safety dictates that a person stop using the e cigarette and consult with a health care provider.Nicotine, of course, is the main electronic cigarette safety concern. Nicotine by itself is not carcinogenic (cancer causing), but it can be what is known as co-carcinogenic with other chemicals found in cigarette smoke.But electronic cigarettes emit no smoke. They produce no tar, either.Nicotine is highly addictive and will cause actual physical withdrawal symptoms when someone tries to quit smoking. These withdrawal symptoms and cravings can be quite uncomfortable. Using an electronic cigarette to help a smoker quit is a great way to cut back on nicotine while weaning the body from its nicotine craving.In that sense, asking about e cigarette safety can give just one answer electronic cigarettes are safer than real cigarettes.