• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

This is Just Sad ... Cop Kills Family Dog At The Wrong House

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
<a href="http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Eldorado-Man-Accuses-Police-of-Killing-Dog-170392616.html" >source</a>ELDORADO -- An Eldorado man is demanding justice after he says a police officer shot and killed his dog.The Eldorado Police Department won't comment on the incident because it is under investigation. The dog's owner, Jason Robershaw, says the shooting was a gross error of judgement by an officer, and he wants to make sure his dog's death doesn't get swept under the rug. He was my best friend, so I just don't want this to go away quietly, said Robershaw.Robershaw's six-year-old German Shepherd, Smokey, was more than a dog, he was a member of the family. I just sat here and watched my dog die, said Robershaw.Robershaw said he and his fiancée were eating dinner last Sunday evening, when they heard a knock at the back door. A few moments later they heard a bark, a gunshot, then silence. Immediately when I opened the door I saw my dog lying there about 18-inches from the end of his chain. He was just shaking, and his tongue was hanging out and blood was coming out, said Robershaw. Robershaw said an Eldorado officer told him he feared for his life. He claimed the dog came at him and attacked him when he knocked on the door. Robershaw says his dog was not dangerous, and he believes the officer made a poor decision out of panic. The officer had no right to come on my private property and shoot my dog, which was on a leash . The dog was doing what it's supposed to do. It is the protector of this house, said Robershaw.To make matters worse, Robershaw said it all could have been avoided. He was at the wrong house, he was here to investigate a stolen ladder, said Robershaw. Robershaw says that the house the officer wanted was actually one block away. I can't say exactly what happened in the two to three seconds that it took for me to get to the door, but all I know is within that two to three seconds my dog was laying on the ground. It's something I'm going to remember for the rest of my life, said Robershaw.News 3 filed a freedom of information request for a copy of the police report. Police Chief Shannon Deuel says it should be ready for release on Monday. The officer at the center of the investigation remains on active duty. Chief Deuel says the officer has worked at the department just short of one year.

STR8LAGGER

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
The police also shot our families dog in our living room in front of my little brother he was 4 at the time I was 16 and in high school it was a mailicious attack though they forced my mom to call our dog who was laying scared to death in our back room not even barking down the hallway and then when she came down the hallway they shot her p[oint blank in the face with an assault rifle then drug her out by her back legs left a blood trail down our hallway then just chucked her like an old sack of laundry onto our front lawn we tried to sue the city but the cities district attorney informed us we didnt have a case period dot end of story... It was very very sad and unforgiveable that they can do stuff like that to people because they have a badge and are on a power trip! My mom just about 6 months ago 13years later finally was willing to get a dog again but it was a very traumatic event for my 4 year old  little brother as well but really the most messed up part about it was when they showed up at our door a week later trying to give my little brother a stuffed animal to make up for killing his dog it was way way f$%^ up.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I can't imagine being so young and having to watch that let alone being older and watching that. How awful!Why were the cops at your house, str8lagger? I don't want to why they were there really. That's your business. But what I am asking is were they there for something else and knew you all had a dog and wanted her in the open because they were worried for their safety? Just the gunshot alone, whether it hits and injures or kills anything, a person or an animal, is traumatic enough all by itself.

Pokerhontas

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
That is pretty messed up to both stories, im on my tears right now I just can't believe that theres people like that in this world, specially they are cops they supposed to protect and serve people and animals. Im sry STR8LAGGER that your family had to go through that tragedy, especially your lil brother. There is no excuse for what these so called cops did to these dogs whatsoever! Thank you guys for sharing this stories.

omeg

OH MY GAWD.This sickens me, and breaks my heart for the families who have went thru this type of trauma.I'm going to hug my dog just a little tighter today. Sigh.                                                                           Pam