• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

This is why FF is my nemesis - aka statistical analysis that proves that I am cursed...

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
I am currently ensconced in last place in our FF league - and it pisses me off! I wanted to see if I deserve to be the sorriest GM in the league or if my opponents have been scoring way over their heads against me.

The average score in our league to this point in the season is 1,119.73 points, which works out to 101.79 points per week. This is the average score for and against, so I compared the average score against the actual score for and against for each team - here is what I came up with:

FF.jpg

My points for were 2nd to last - pretty pathetic - but my points against were BY FAR the worst in the league by AT LEAST 156 points in 11 weeks. That is HUGE! My points against for these 11 weeks are 325 points worse than the #1 team.

As a results of this analysis, I AM CLAIMING VICTORY!!!!!!

(Ignorance is indeed bliss...)

• Wow
Reactions: Mben and dji420

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
huh.gif

Ok, so I can't process all those numbers, but isn't it safe to say that a team that has the most points scored against them suck which would put them in last place like in your case?

But I know that it's the win/loss ratio that places you in the standings. So even if a team had the most points against them, that team could have won games depending on who they played any given Sunday. Meaning their opponent could have had a bad week the week you played them which resulted in a win for you. But in your case, you haven't won enough games. 2 win - 9 loss.

I guess I'm confused as to why you're confused about being in last place.

But don't listen to me because
no idea.jpeg
but wait ...
playoffs.jpeg
(And the playoffs are as far as I get. lol Mark my words though, I will be a season champ one season.)

Reactions: dji420

PSP

View attachment 19367

Ok, so I can't process all those numbers, but isn't it safe to say that a team that has the most points scored against them suck which would put them in last place like in your case?

But I know that it's the win/loss ratio that places you in the standings. So even if a team had the most points against them, that team could have won games depending on who they played any given Sunday. Meaning their opponent could have had a bad week the week you played them which resulted in a win for you. But in your case, you haven't won enough games. 2 win - 9 loss.

I guess I'm confused as to why you're confused about being in last place.

But don't listen to me because View attachment 19368 but wait ... View attachment 19369 (And the playoffs are as far as I get. lol Mark my words though, I will be a season champ one season.)

Not exactly the right interpretation. You can only control how many points YOUR team scores - you have no control over how many points your opponent scores. The average weekly point score per team is 101.79. Teams averaging better than that will win most of their games. My average score is 96.40 which is 6th best - not great, but not last. My average weekly score against is 120.10 -the highest average against BY FAR! The next highest average against is 106.29. The #1 team has an average score against of 90.69

Reactions: dji420 and Mben

Mben

Staff member
My average weekly score against is 120.10 -the highest average against BY FAR!
And that's why you are in last place. That's how I interpret it.

Explain to me (without numbers) why you are surprised, confused, outraged (lol) as to where you stand in the league. I want to understand this all, and am waiting for my "ohhhhh, I get it now" moment.

PSP

You've got it right. Yeah, yeah I know - life isn't fair, but seems odd that this has happened to me 2 seasons in a row.

Like I have said before....

JACIWW!

PSP

The only change that I would make in your original statement was that the team with the most points scored against doesn't necessarily suck - they are mostly unlucky

• Haha

Mben

Staff member
... the team with the most points scored against doesn't necessarily suck - they are mostly unlucky
I get that.
Like my AZ Cardinals ... they don't suck. They just play luckier teams ALL. THE. TIME. :laughhard:

PS - I "haha'd" your post because I struggled with what word to use instead of "suck" when I was replying. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamClarson