• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

UP

ishin

Banned
UP   This two-letter word probably has more meanings than any other two-letter word in the dictionary.It's easy to understand UP, when meaning toward the sky...like when we awaken in the morning, we wake UP.But, at a meeting, how is it that a topic comes UP? Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report?  UP yours!We call UP our friends, then we hang UP the phone.  And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver; we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen.  We lock UP the house while some guys fix UP the old car.  At other times, people stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.  To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special. And this UP is confusing:  A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.  We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.  Am I going to going to fast here?...you keeping UP?We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP.  To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UP in the dictionary.  In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/3rd of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions.  If you are UP to it,  you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used.  It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more.  When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP .. When the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP ...When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP. When it stops raining, things dry UP.This is all fucked UP.One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP...for now, my time is UP, so..it is time to shut UP.

Last edited by a moderator: