• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Very Rare Flintstones Winston Cigarettes Commercial

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I am not easily offended or feel the need to be politically correct about anything, but that commercial .... wow. lol Very cool to see though.

My "wow" above has to do with the bold below. Children did not need to see cigarette commercials while watching cartoons. They saw it enough in real life, I'm sure. (I'm a smoker too.)

From Wikipedia ...

In the radio and television advertisements, the slogan is presented in a singsong fashion with a noticeable two-beat clap near the end, so the jingle would sound like Win-ston tastes good like a (clap clap) cigarette should. The "clap" noise was sometimes substituted for actors in the commercials knocking twice against a truck carrying Winston cigarettes, or an actor flicking his lighter twice to the same conceit.

Winston cigarettes were sponsors of such television series as The Beverly Hillbillies[7] and The Flintstones.[8] The former series would show stars Buddy Ebsen, Irene Ryan, and Nancy Kulp extolling the virtues of Winstons while smoking them and reciting the jingle. The latter series would later come under fire for advertising cigarettes on an animated series watched by many children, but Winston pulled their involvement with the series after the Pebbles Flintstone character was born in 1963.

Reactions: Sookie

Wauspaus

Hahaha, somehow I just couldn't stop laughing seeing this :p. Obviously I can imagine why you won't see something like this anymore. I mean, just imagine seeing Spongebob Squarepants run around advertising Marlboro or something like that XD. But I can see the charm of a simpler time in that video :) Thanks for the share Sookie :)

Reactions: Sookie

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
It was a looooong time age, but one of my heroes destroyed me with this commercial....

xn9f67_vintage-1957-tv-ad-for-marlboro-cigarettes-featuring-football-star-jon-arnett-at-the-la-coliseum_shortfilms

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
That was a great kickoff return!

Looks very, very odd to see an athlete promote cigarettes though.

Oh and "destroyed me" ... meaning you picked up the habit from that commercial or he burst your bubble?