• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

VETERAN'S DAY

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
What Veterans Day means to me ...

Following in the footsteps of his father, my dad devoted his life to the US Army. I could never be prouder of the fact that I am the granddaughter and daughter of two of the finest men that served and dedicated their lives to the United States of America. Being an Army brat, I know far to well what sacrifices were made by my father regarding his life personally and his family's life. There were some very tough times growing up in such a strict household but the life lessons my brother and I learned as children molded us into the people we are today. My mother was the true essence of what it meant to be a military wife. What she sacrificed is immeasurable. My father understood what his commitment meant to his family but his dedication to the Army was his calling. With that said ... From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU to ALL military men and women who have served and are actively serving in the US Armed Forces. You are defenders of our country and and role models for all citizens of the greatest nation on Earth!

my dad ...

Retired Command Sergeant Major LeRoy R Smith, Jr. Seoul, Korea 1966

dad.jpg

Reactions: Sookie