• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Way To Go Tribal Gaming And Tucson, AZ!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This story hits close to home since Tucson is where I live.20 years ago when gaming contracts were signed by the state of Arizona and tribes who were interested in gaming, they called for some profits to be set aside for non-profits. The city of Tucson is considered non-profit. The gaming profits are up and after the city of Tucson applied to receive some of the revenue, just like veryone else who applied, it was chosen. Almost 500 child safety seats, 500 bicycle helmets, playground shelters and booster seats will be paid for with gaming revenue and the merchandise will be given to the El Rio Neighborhood Center. Because the city is in some financial toruble, Assistant City Manager Kelly Gottshalk had this to say We wouldn't be able to do this right now. We definitely wouldn't have any money for the car seats. And we have very limited funds for parks improvements or shelter improvements. We're only doing those things in an extreme risk situation. So this is great. My take on this story is that it's nice to hear the benefits of gaming once in a while rather than all the bad publicity it seems to get all the time.  

silverVette

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
good cause for a questionable activity. funny you read this cause i told my husband sunday that when i get my check on my win i was giving 10% to some person that may need heelp and will everytime i withdraw from now on. many children will benefit from tuscon. thats great. silver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkrankey