• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

We Might Never Know Who Won The $1.537 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
The world might never know who won the historic $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot Tuesday night.

That's because the ticket matching all six numbers was sold in South Carolina, and the state is one of eight states where winners can remain anonymous. Other states that also support incognito winners: Delaware, Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and Texas.

The jackpot is the largest in Mega Millions history. If the winner decides to take the prize in a lump cash sum, the lottery will pay them $878 million cash.

The winning numbers were 5, 28, 62, 65, 70 and Mega Ball 5. To say the winner is lucky is an understatement. The odds of winning all six numbers is about one in 302.5 million. Tuesday's winner might also be the first Mega Millions jackpot winner in South Carolina, according to a list on the lottery's website.

Other winning tickets that matched the five white balls drawn Tuesday night included eight in California, four in Florida, four in New York, and two each in Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey and Virginia, and one each in Arizona, the District of Columbia, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Texas winner and one Florida winner are holding tickets worth $3 million because of the optional Megaplier.

The next drawing on Oct. 26 resets the jackpot to $40 million.

source

PMM

Holy Cow!

Gotta tell ya, I am feeling like I might want to stay anonymous with that kind of cash.

Just thinking about letting a few people know, except trusted family, is a risky situation in my eyes. Then they tell a few, and a few more find out, and many hear it thru the grapevine.

Can I just be blunt? People may hurt you or worse to try to get some of their hands on some of that cash.

I've read plenty of stories about people being scared to death after they told a bunch of people, then realized it could backfire.

That kind of money has the power to make 'some' people do strange things.

I'd stay quiet as a church mouse. Just my family, myself, and the IRS.

Whoever it is...I hope they can handle the enormous pressure of the situation.

Reactions: Mben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kay8282