• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What a great night for the Oscars!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Oh, wait - I didn't watch them :surprise:

Didn't see any of the movies / couldn't care less!

:thumb:

PSP

Did Johnny Depp or Glenn Close finally win?

What? They weren't nominated? :facepalm:

Reactions: Sookie

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
From the moment The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio ended, I said "Finally he's going to win an Oscar for his role." Ok, well I said "He better win an Oscar!" lol And he did! :clap:

Because I had seen three out of the eight nominated best movies, I binged watched three more and then watched the Oscars from beginning to end.

Also, in my opinion, all the skits, jokes, etc about the fact that no black actors/actresses or movies were nominated was overkill. I haven't watched the Oscars in a couple of years so maybe those previous years they inserted stuff like that, skits and whatnot, but to me, showing someone acting as Suge Knight wearing an orange jumpsuit was just tacky.

Reactions: adamlane and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
leo-toast-9.w529.h352.2x.gif

Reactions: adamlane and Mben

PSP

I just can't move past the frat boy performance in Titanic - I will concede that he is a "babe" (without homosexual tendencies). Not sure that this makes him Oscar worthy once you compare him to Jimmy Stewart / Cagney / Bogart / John Wayne / Brando / DeNiro / Newman / Hanks....

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
Compare him to some of today's Oscar winners and he is definitely worthy. Especially for his role in The Revenant. Totally my opinion.

Reactions: PSP and Sookie

Mben

Staff member
I just can't move past the frat boy performance in Titanic - I will concede that he is a "babe" (without homosexual tendencies).
For the record, yes he is a "babe", but that is not why I love him. I think he is a great actor.

I love other actors for their "babeness", but don't think their acting skills are that great.

Reactions: PSP and Sookie

PSP

Since I haven't seen this movie, I will defer to your opinion :thumb:

(For the record, the last first-run movie that I saw was several years ago...)

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
Since I haven't seen this movie, I will defer to your opinion :thumb:

(For the record, the last first-run movie that I saw was several years ago...)
I saw one last year ... San Andreas on opening day in 3-D even. Before that, hmmm, I can't remember. It was that long ago.