• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What Are Your Memorial Weekend Plans?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
BBQ's, hanging out at the pool, going camping??? What great ways to kick off the summer!This is how I am celebrating ......I get to house sit my brother's house and take care of my elderly father who lives with my bro and his family until Tuesday. My brother and family went camping.My daughter is taking a trip to Texas with her boyfriend and guess who gets to watch her two kids, a 4 year old and a 7 week old? ME! On top of it all, my brother's house is for sale so the realtor can call at anytime saying they are bringing people to see the house. I have a 2 hour heads up to pick up the house, get my dad and now the 2 grandkids ready and get us all out of the house for an hour or so. There is more preparation than that regarding the actual house. Turn all the lghts on, open doors, turn swimming pool waterfall on, unlock ths, unlock that. etc. Whewww!Oh, oh and I get to go feed and water my daughter's dogs and cat while she's gone. What a nice relaxng weekend I am gonna have. Does anyone want to trade wth me? :lol:Enjoy your BBQ's and swmming or whatever you do to celebrate Memorial Day everyone!PS- I keep saying I get to sarcastcally but we all know, I said yes to all of it without even hestatng. 

sashasmom

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
happy Memorial Day Mben. I know you enjoy your grandchildren. It sounds like you have a very full weekend, enjoy.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Mben wrote: PS- I keep saying I get to sarcastcally but we all know, I said yes to all of it without even hestatng. 
 Como se dice hestatng en Ingles? :roll:

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote:
Mben wrote: PS- I keep saying I get to sarcastcally but we all know, I said yes to all of it without even hestatng. 
 Como se dice hestatng en Ingles? :roll:
Ok, if you must know, PSP lol ......... The last time I was at my daughter's helping out with the new baby, I was there with my laptop and her damn cat popped off my K key on the keyboard. I had the laptop on the floor and in a blink of an eye, he broke it. Well, I ended up there again recently to babysit so I took the laptop and guess what the lttle F'er did this time? He busted my I key!!! I made sure all night didn't leave it on the floor and that morning as I was talking to my daughter, I wasn't paying attention and left it on the floor and all of a sudden I hear her yell ... hey!!! but it was too late. He had plucked it off. I guess he broke the scissor mechanism on both so now I have to press really hard on them and unfortunately, the I key is a used a lot when writing. I've been scouring my posts before submtting, but obvously I missed that typo big tme! lol 

PSP

FWIW (if you feel like some adventure), It's pretty easy to replace the keyboard on most laptops. I've replaced 3 or 4 - it only took about 15 min and cost less than $20.The other option is to get either a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard (and mouse if you like). The wireless option is kind of cool especially if you can't stand touchpads.

PSP

Oh, my plans? This is likely to be the highlight of my weekend!(How sad is THAT! :thumb: )P.S. Happy other Birthday to me! I'm 27 today in my second life.....

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well my Memorial Day weekend started off  with   my daughter Jenna and Abby's  dance recitle on Sat. night. Then yesterday at my house for a cookout and birthday party for my other grandaughte Sofia's 5th birthday. Today we are resting.  Hope every has a safe and happy holiday.                                             

Mben

Staff member
PSP, thanks for the keyboard suggestion, replacing the whole thing. For now, I will use my wireless from my desktop. Great suggestion. I hope your weekend got a little bit more exciting for ya! lol At least a cookout? Are you heads or tails?

Mben

Staff member
nikki, it looks like you had a whole bunch of fun this weekend! Thanks for the pictures. :roll:I am so ready to go home and get some rest. This has been an amazingly long and very hectic weekend for me. I need to get home so I can work away and get the rest need. Yes, working online will be rest compared to what I have had to do these last few days. lol

omeg

Hi gang:Made an attempt to help a friend watch a garage sale.  She lives way out in the sticks, and hardly anyone showed up.  That was a bummer.  Then the rain moved in, and the garage sale was over.  lol.Spent alot of time cleaning up and putting away the stuff we drug out to sell.When it wasnt raining, the sun came out and it was a scorcher.  95 in the shade.  There was nothing you could do to get away from the heat.  Oh well, Summer is here, and it is a great thing.Hoping everyone enjoyed their weekend.                                                                             Pam

Mben

Staff member
Oh, how fun Pam. I love garage sales ... going to them, not having them. lolI bet the rain and then heat built up the humidity too. Yuck. Well, maybe not the perfect weekend for you but it sounds like it was better than sitting around doing nothing. :thumb:

PSP

Mben wrote: PSP, thanks for the keyboard suggestion, replacing the whole thing. For now, I will use my wireless from my desktop. Great suggestion. I hope your weekend got a little bit more exciting for ya! lol At least a cookout? Are you heads or tails?
 Well, it looks like I might be retiring the Heads . My official transfer to Pasadena, CA came through today and I start there on Monday:thumb:

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote:
Mben wrote: PSP, thanks for the keyboard suggestion, replacing the whole thing. For now, I will use my wireless from my desktop. Great suggestion. I hope your weekend got a little bit more exciting for ya! lol At least a cookout? Are you heads or tails?
 Well, it looks like I might be retiring the Heads . My official transfer to Pasadena, CA came through today and I start there on Monday:thumb:
Awesome PSP!! Is Pasadena far from where you live in CA?