• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What Are Your Thanksgiving Day Plans?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
So who's cooking on Thanksgiving?

Who's going to a family members house for the day?

Anyone going out of town?

Who is super excited about the holidays?

I'm heading to the mountains of New Mexico which will be around a 5 hour drive for us. I'm going with my daughter, her boyfriend and the grandkids to his mother's place in NM. I was there last year when they made a trip up there to help his mother get some wood chopped for the winter. It was wonderful then and I can only imagine how nice it is going to be on Thanksgiving. His mother used to own a diner and she can cook. I am looking forward to her homemade biscuits and gravy this time again. If her biscuits and gravy were amazing, the Thanksgiving meal is going to be D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. !! (I'm super excited. Can you tell? lol)

Here are my grandkids the last trip up there.

nm 1.png

nm.jpg

PMM

Your trip sounds amazing Mben. Wishing you and your family a wonderful time on Thanksgiving.

As for my place, dinner is here with family. About 8 of us. I am most excited about Drake and Drew my sweet nephews coming here. I don't get to see them as often as I like, and it is always a wonderful time when their here.
(I'll likely watch my losing Lions play the Bears)

Turkey, stuffing, potato's , etc etc. Can't wait. Desert? To many dishes to mention. haha

Family is what it is all about this time of year.

Enjoy everyone! Happy Thanksgiving.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Not cooking, going to his moms, Though I made an early dinner for us a little over a week ago and probably will do one more before the end of the month. Won't be very many of us, myself, my fella and his mother.

Mben

Staff member
Oh that's wonderful that the boys will be heading to your place, Pam. I know you've had to make the drive to your brother's for other holidays in the past. Please wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving for me!

And Sookie .... 3 Thanksgiving meals this month (possibly)? That's what I'm talking 'bout! :thumb:

Reactions: Sookie

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Sorry to be a party pooper but me and mine will probably be having top ramen or hamburger and rice something like that,lol. It really does suck to be me.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Somewhere on this site exists a story of my worst Thanksgiving where Top Ramen might have been a blessing :surprise:, but I hope that your situation improves soon peteyweestro :)

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
I am flying home to the OC tomorrow morning (on someone else's dime) - assuming that the weather gods cooperate....

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Staying home with hubby and daughter. BBQ Pork Chops on the grill, Mashed Taters, Stuffing, Cauliflower w/Cheese, Cranberries and Blueberry Pie w/ Cool Whip:) Mmm, mmmm. Can taste it now! So Thankful we all have jobs, good health and a house to call home:) I really do count my blessings and try not to sweat the small stuff! Happy Thanksgiving!

PMM

You are so right KK. Being thankful is something we should all reflect on today. I am thankful for so many things that I am blessed with everyday. As for today? My family and friends will surround me and there isn't a better feeling in the world to me.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Staying home with hubby and daughter. BBQ Pork Chops on the grill, Mashed Taters, Stuffing, Cauliflower w/Cheese, Cranberries and Blueberry Pie w/ Cool Whip:) Mmm, mmmm. Can taste it now! So Thankful we all have jobs, good health and a house to call home:) I really do count my blessings and try not to sweat the small stuff! Happy Thanksgiving!
That sounds so good! Can I come to your house?

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Football, Food, Sleep.....Repeat!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Remember The Troops in your prayers today, God Bless.

Mben

Staff member
We woke up to biscuits and gravy like I knew we would. :)

Petey, what about a church sponsored Thanksgiving meal? Maybe you could go to one of those.

PSP, ill try to find your thread you mentioned when I get home. No matter what day of the year it is, we all need to know we can be a whole lot worse off than we are attimes

Enjoy the day, folks ... Food, friends, family and football! :thanksgiving: