• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

what do you eat on st.patricks day?

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
im a big , big, fan of cornned beef, with the cabbage, carrots, and red potatoes myself ,,,,but i just saw something funny on t.v....... they were saying though this seems to be the traditional st.patrick's day dinner they were not sure why because in ireland they dont do this for st. p day, but almost everywhere else people do, and that they're not sure how it got started.im just glad it did,i love the stuff!!but how funnydoes anyone else eat this non-irish traditional meal  on this irish holiday?how nice of us to celabrate thier religous holiday, but our way-lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraziegurl79

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Call me weird, but I've never had corned beef and cabbage before! Suppose I'll try it this year.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
you are kidding you have never had it?you have to try it i will post the recipie for the way i make it k?

Chars

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
omg i am aussie and we dont really celebrate it full on although we starting to get into ur tradion things, they doin some halloween here now but not all places, but we always at least once every 2 weeks have corned beef and cabbage and potatoes, it one of our favorite meals lol we dont need a day to eat that any excuse will do lol

Kraziegurl79

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, there's an annual St. Paddy's Day big (really big) bash going on at Kelly's Irish Pub and Grill (local bar in the QCA) tomorrow. Maybe I can try to go over there and try some corned beef and cabbage!

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
a lot of the pubs here have it for st. patricks day-you should totally go and since its at a pub yuo'll have no prob finding some green beer to go with it!!