• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What's the worst Christmas gift you ever received?

omeg

Hi Gang:Now this thread is not meant to have us sound ungrateful.  Yet we all know it is a fact of life, that sometimes we receive things that just are ...shall we say.... not to our liking.    i.e.  Fruitcake, fuzzy slippers, soap on a rope.  What is the worst gift you ever received?This was a few years ago, and my sister gave me a single towel.  hahahah. It still cracks me up.   Not a three piece set, not even close.  Just a single towel.   I wasnt sure if I should thank her, or ring her neck with it.  J/K  What made it even a worse case scenerio, is the fact I really put time and effort into her gift.   Also, one year, I received the Clapper.   You know the one, where you clap your hands and your lights, tv, etc go on and off for you?   I think I still have that in the box somewhere in the garage.  So dont be shy....tell us what the worst Christmas gift you ever received.                                                                                                        Pam-- Edited by PMM2008 on Saturday 27th of November 2010 11:22:25 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

MommyMachine

A Mommy Machine
Well, I never recieved the clap, so that's a good thing . OMG when I was 14 my Grandma gave me this sequinced rose sweater, it was a gigantic rose. It was something she would wear, so I just gave it back to her for her birthday! LMAO

omeg

MommyMachine wrote: Well, I never recieved the clap, so that's a good thing . OMG when I was 14 my Grandma gave me this sequinced rose sweater, it was a gigantic rose. It was something she would wear, so I just gave it back to her for her birthday! LMAO
 Ahhh, yes, the dreaded I love it, so they will love it toooooo idea. Never a good thing.  Thanks MM for starting us off.By the way,,,,,,PM me your address, I will send you THE CLAPPER.                                                                                             Pam

jackjac144

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I love to look at the stars so my husband bought me a telescope one year.. we could never figure out how to use the dumb thing!!! lol

omeg

jackjac144 wrote: I love to look at the stars so my husband bought me a telescope one year.. we could never figure out how to use the dumb thing!!! lol
   Sounds like something you need to re-gift.  

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Speaking of re-gifting, one year my VERY well-to-do in-laws gave 3 of their 4 children checks for Christmas - checks with 4 digits to the left of the decimal point."
"
They gave us a Salton Hot Tray - a USED Salton Hot Tray. It was in the original box, but they forgot to take off the gift tag from when they had received it. To compound the agony and to validate that no good deed goes unpunished, we had decided to forego getting presents for each other so that we could get really special things for my wife's parents and siblings"
"
In the true Merry F'ing Christmas to you too spirit, I accidentally forgot to put the hot tray in the car on the way home and backed over it in their driveway ..."
"
It may not have been appropriate, but it felt really good! "

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
OMG PSP!!"
"
I had to read that one to Ben. The nerve of your in-laws. (you talked about them first) I would have been just as upset as you and (I am assuming your wife) were. "
"
My daddy (yes, I still call him that at 45 yrs old) is good at giving checks to me, my brother and my daughter at Christmas. I'm sure he gives them to my sis in law and nephews BUT I never know how much they all get except for my daughter. I'm the black sheep of the family and don't think I receive as much as my brother BUT I am perfectly fine with that. I am grateful that I get anything. (Not saying that you are not grateful)

omeg

PSP wrote: Speaking of re-gifting, one year my VERY well-to-do in-laws gave 3 of their 4 children checks for Christmas - checks with 4 digits to the left of the decimal point.They gave us a Salton Hot Tray - a USED Salton Hot Tray. It was in the original box, but they forgot to take off the gift tag from when they had received it. To compound the agony and to validate that no good deed goes unpunished, we had decided to forego getting presents for each other so that we could get really special things for my wife's parents and siblingsIn the true Merry F'ing Christmas to you too spirit, I accidentally forgot to put the hot tray in the car on the way home and backed over it in their driveway ...It may not have been appropriate, but it felt really good!
Oh PSP.  I'm not sure if it is okay to say I laughed out loud at your story when you told how you had backed over the gift in the driveway. I could literally picture it, and imagined your expression when you realized what happened. Thanks for posting. Your stories are always super.                                                                                                   Pam 

luvkittynumber1

WAY back when I was about 11 or 12yrs. old, every time I saw a maxi-pad commercial, I would say Oh WOW! That's what I want 4 christmas! "
"
& well, of course, that's exactly what my sisters got me that year. LOL

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
luvkittynumber1 wrote: WAY back when I was about 11 or 12yrs. old, every time I saw a maxi-pad commercial, I would say Oh WOW! That's what I want 4 christmas! & well, of course, that's exactly what my sisters got me that year. LOL
That's hilarious! Ladies, when referring to that time of the month do you ever say you are opening presents that week? I do. lol That's why I thought that was funny, luvkitty.  

omeg

luvkittynumber1 wrote: WAY back when I was about 11 or 12yrs. old, every time I saw a maxi-pad commercial, I would say Oh WOW! That's what I want 4 christmas! & well, of course, that's exactly what my sisters got me that year. LOL
 Now thats the gift that keeps on giving........Soooooo funny luvkitty....                                                                         Pam

labell

PSP wrote: In the true Merry F'ing Christmas to you too spirit, I accidentally forgot to put the hot tray in the car on the way home and backed over it in their driveway ...It may not have been appropriate, but it felt really good!
I have to admit I laughed out loud and cheered for you when I read how you handled it!  We were just talking about the clapper the other day when my husband lost the remote!  I'd forgotten they existed.  ANd I was super glad HE lost it and not me lol.He gave me the worst present ever, an ugly black umbrella.  Well I addressed it with him, and in his mind because I was in college, he was giving me something useful to protect me from the rain.  I gently explained, nope, don't want something useful... he showed up with a dozen long stem red roses the next night....  We've been married 30 years this October... 

omeg

labell:Awww, Bless your husbands heart...He was trying to get you something to protect you, in his own way.  I think it is sweet, however boring it may have been. And by the way.........Nice work on that 30 years together.   That is simply a beautiful thing.  Thanks for posting labell.....Much appreciated.                                                                                                      Pam

luvkittynumber1

Mben wrote:
That's hilarious! Ladies, when referring to that time of the month do you ever say you are opening presents that week? I do. lol That's why I thought that was funny, luvkitty.  
         It just now dawned on me that I had left out a very important part of my little story. I had 4gotten 2 mention that the reason I made such a big deal about saying I wanted the pads, was b'cuz the commercials were for not just ANY maxi-pad, they were BRAND NEW MAXIs......with WINGS!!!& Yes, of course, I got the ones with WINGS intact! 

luvkittynumber1

Hey Mixx, I know exactly what you're talkin' about. But a sugar cookie is quite the step up from the usual Green Balogna Sandwiches that they give u while you're in the county jail here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. LOL

omeg

mixx wrote: sugar cookie in jail
Awww, now that would be sad. I'm sorry you had to go thru that.                                                                                                    Pam 

omeg

luvkittynumber1 wrote:
Mben wrote:  
         It just now dawned on me that I had left out a very important part of my little story. I had 4gotten 2 mention that the reason I made such a big deal about saying I wanted the pads, was b'cuz the commercials were for not just ANY maxi-pad, they were BRAND NEW MAXIs......with WINGS!!!& Yes, of course, I got the ones with WINGS intact! 
 Ahhh, yes, the WINGS.   You just gotta have the wings. your story gets funnier and funnier luvkitty.
aww.gif
                                                                                                   Pam

omeg

Heres a perfect example of a really bad gift:Found this little ditty sent in to the internet: My daughter has the best story of all about unromantic husbands. Her husband of 3 months, who was always very generous before she married him, did not buy her a Christmas present for their first married Christmas. She asked him why? He said, I gave you the gift of me. What more could I give you. Needless to say, they are no longer married! WOW, thats all I can say......