• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

check returned by third party [RESOLVED]

stallions

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
my bank uses a third party to do out of country checks I received my check from red stags an cashed it 6 weeks later the third party name truex would not seek the funds from the Canadian bank because they said I was gambling I contacted red stag about this they keep asking for pictures of the check which I did not receive I gave them my bank statement showing the returned check they want a letter from the bank I received a phone call from them telling me I must pay back the money which I did they closed my account and said they would call the cops if I did not because this is fraud.i asked them to just contact the bank that issued the check and see it was never cashed which would be so simple .my account at red stag is RS0995223252 Hope you can help

• Wow
Reactions: Sookie

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
they keep asking for pictures of the check
Who is "they"?

a phone call from them
Who is "them"?

they closed my account
Who is "they", or what account, your bank account or Red Stag account?

they would call the cops if I did not
Who is "they"? And did not what? Pay the money back? But you said you did pay it back.

i asked them to just contact the bank
Who is "them"?

I'll send your issue to the rep as it is written, but I need clarification, so I understand fully what exactly it is that you need to happen.

stallions

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Who is "they"?

Who is "them"?

Who is "they", or what account, your bank account or Red Stag account?

Who is "they"? And did not what? Pay the money back? But you said you did pay it back.

Who is "them"?

I'll send your issue to the rep as it is written, but I need clarification, so I understand fully what exactly it is that you need to happen.
my bank account was closed ...it is open now because I paid them back but I am out my winnings of almost 2000 dollars red stag want s bank statements which I have gave them twice . they want a picture of the check which was never given to me. I would like my winnings of almost 2000 dollars put back in my account because I had to give it back to the bank. , This is the first time I got busted gambling my bank will no longer cash out of country checks.i would like like to try using bitcoin to retrive my winnings

• Wow
Reactions: Sookie and Mben

Mben

Staff member
Hey stallions, here's the rep's reply. There's nothing I can do about this really, other than send him your replies.

Since you are in contact with Red Stag already, the only course for you to take is to give their check back or put a stop payment on it. I'm sure they would need proof of that as well. From what I gather, once they have that check or payment secured in their hands, they can give your balance back. They did not say that. It's what I am gathering, so don't quote me. Since the bank won't cash it, can you demand the bank give it back to you? It's still yours if they are not going to do anything with it.

Ok, here's his reply.

The customer has been in contact with our Payments Dept. The statement that he emailed shows only that his bank is not cashing the check because of compliance, not because there is an issue with our check. We have given him the option to try to get back the check, so that he can mail it to us via UPS at no cost.

The other option for him would be a stop payment, but he would have to pay for the fees.

The Payments Dept is waiting for his reply.

stallions

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thanks Mben , I put a stop payment on it 250 fee but that gives me 1700 that they will put back in my account so I am happy with that. Thanks again for your help

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
Thanks Mben , I put a stop payment on it 250 fee but that gives me 1700 that they will put back in my account so I am happy with that. Thanks again for your help

You're welcome. I'm happy it had a good outcome (minus the $25 stop payment fee and whatever the $300 shortage was for) !

Mben

Staff member
A stop payment fee of $250!?!? How do I get in that business? :surprise:
Dang it, I read 25! Because my brain couldn't register a $250 stop payment fee?

(If you replied to point this out to me... thanks!)