• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

driviing by an older person walking

trippleslots

How many times have you been drivingand see someone up in years walking. Did you ever give it a second thought.Did you think for a second humm wonder if they should be out alone or if they may be lost I have been fortunate or unfortunate enough to have given into that thought and go back sometimes a few miles. This morning I had gone to a small town near us to do some business.I came out and noticed a short bent over white haired lady walking in the ditch headed up the highway. I watched for a few minutes and thought odd she would be out walking this time of morning. I decide I would make a trip over by the police station and let them know,as I was backing out I looked up and my sister is walking toward me. I had just got through talking to a niece ,and was tell ing my sister I had to go as I wanted to let some one know about the woman. Well,dang as I get away from her another niece and her husband pull up, I thought dang a family renuion. After another 10 minutes of talking I told them I had to go . By then I could no longer see the woman and then became concerned that someone may have picked her up. I drove over to the police station to report it and was told yes,we are looking for her now. She wondered off. I told them where I had seen her and then went back and started driving the doirection she was going. After driving  further than what I knew she could have walked ,I called the police station. They told me thay had found her,she had gotten tired and crossed the highway and had sat down to rest in the ditch . She was ok just tired and they were holding fro some one to come pick up This time people were looking for her but until I came along they were looking in the wrong direction and places as she always went a different way than this. I wonder if I had not seen and said something if she would have rested and kept walking or someone pick her up or she lay down and pass away in that ditch. This little old lady was only a mile or so from home I did the same thing a few years back  and the woman was found she had wondered off as well but was roughly 15 miles from home and had slowly walked it all so she said ,I can't help but believe someone gave her a lift The next time your mind thinks I wonder then follow it you may save a life  

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Wow trippleslots. That was an incredible story. A good Samaritan you definitely are.Living in the city, sometimes it's hard to stop and help even though you really want to because of reasons like you don't know what kind of trouble you are walking into but I will try to look at the bigger picture if I am ever in that situation. I always want to stop and help people I see broken down on the road but then as I said, I think what if they pull me into the car, etc., etc. So I keep on driving hoping a cop or some big strong man stops and helps them. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It is an eye opener.

omeg

Truely an amazing story.  Nice thing you did, and what a fine person you are for doing it. :roll:Thank you for sharing this story.                                                                           Pam

trippleslots

I am not one to stop either for the same reasons .That is why I usually call the police or go by and tell thema lot of people do not know it but in Texas there is number on the back of the driver lisc that you can call to get help,they will come change a tire,bring you gas or give you a jump start and other things as well as pass on info.A lot of other states may have it as well not sure .You can always call it and tell them where a person or problem is at saves having to call 911

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneth.mervaille