• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Knock out Round of 16 - who moves on?

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
My picks?

France vs Argentina - Not thrilled, but France

Uruguay vs Portugal - Uruguay, easy win

Spain vs Russia - Spain...DUH!

Croatia vs Denmark - Croatia. Not passionate either way

Brazil vs Mexico - Viva Mexico!

Belgium vs Japan - Belgium in a rout

Sweden vs Switzerland - Sweden has much too much strength

Colombia vs England - England all the way!

Reactions: PMM and Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I am probably one out of the three people on the planet who has no interest in the World Cup, but I do have a question.

How likely is it for Spain to win it all?

Last edited:
Reactions: PMM

PSP

I can guarantee that Span won't win - Spain, on the other hand, has an excellent shot at the title! :thumb:

PSP

My picks?

France vs Argentina - Not thrilled, but France 4-3

Uruguay vs Portugal - Uruguay, easy win

Reactions: Mben

PSP

My picks?

France vs Argentina - Not thrilled, but France - France 4-3

Uruguay vs Portugal - Uruguay, easy win - Uruguay 2-1

PSP

2-0! I should head to Vegas and bet the farm!

OK, so I don't have a farm to bet and the next 2 games should be slam dunks for Spain and Croatia

Reactions: Mben and PMM

PSP

2-0! I should head to Vegas and bet the farm!

OK, so I don't have a farm to bet and the next 2 games should be slam dunks for Spain and Croatia

Turns out Spain DID have the same odds of winning as Span did... :homer:

#70 ranked Russia beat #10 ranked Spain 4-3 in overtime shootout

Mben

Staff member
Turns out Spain DID have the same odds of winning as Span did... :homer:

#70 ranked Russia beat #10 ranked Spain 4-3 in overtime shootout

Dang it!!!!! I'm now out of a contest I was wanting to win.

By the way, as soon as I read your "slam dunk" above, I said to myself ... "Spain's out."

Reactions: PMM and PSP

PSP

Croatia did win in the shootout, so I am 3 out of 4 so far. Mexico is my longshot/darkhorse to beat Brazil tomorrow. Not holding my breath, but it would be nice...

PSP

See? I told you that Belgium would win in a rout...:bonk:

OK, if you didn't watch the game, it was 0-0 at halftime. Japan scored twice in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Belgium was staggered, but managed to score the next 2 goal around the 80 minute mark. Although the game is traditionally 90 minutes with the clock running all the time, extra time is added to make up for time when the action is stopped due to injuries or referee decisions. In this game, 4 minutes of stoppage time were added. With the momentum going back and forth, Belgium scored the winning goal after 3:55 had elapsed in stoppage time!

PSP

I apologize for missing the other games, but England beat Colombia in the shootout 1-1 (4-3) and Sweden beat Switzerland 1-0

PSP

Today, in the quarterfinals, France trounced Uruguay 2-0 and Belgium beat Brazil 2-1. Tomorrow we have Russia vs Croatia and Sweden vs England. Look for Croatia and England to move to the semi-finals!

PSP

Croatia had it all the way - easy victory!

(OK, if you call tied 1-1 at the end of regulation and tied 2-2 at the end of overtime, then waiting until the last of 10 penalty kicks before a winner was decided... )

:bonk:

Mben

Staff member
Croatia had it all the way - easy victory!

(OK, if you call tied 1-1 at the end of regulation and tied 2-2 at the end of overtime, then waiting until the last of 10 penalty kicks before a winner was decided... )

:bonk:
:lol:

PSP

The Finals on Sunday will be France vs Croatia - France should kill Croatia, but based on my previous prognostications, Mben will bet the farm on France... :bonk:
The first-loser game (I think that they officially call it the Consolation Game) will be Saturday between England and Belgium - a rematch of their pool play game. The winner?

Who cares!:brian:

Mben

Staff member
The Finals on Sunday will be France vs Croatia - France should kill Croatia, but based on my previous prognostications, Mben will bet the farm on France... :bonk:
The first-loser game (I think that they officially call it the Consolation Game) will be Saturday between England and Belgium - a rematch of their pool play game. The winner?

Who cares!:brian:
Me bet on France?

PSP

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. I shouldn't have consumed multiple pints of fermented beverage while watching the game. I should have said

Mben će se kladiti na farmu na Hrvatskoj!

(Mben will bet the farm on Croatia!)

PSP

Imagine if you had one of the biggest sports stars in America going undercover as a homeless guy demonstrating amazing skills?

This is Cristiano Ronaldo - arguably the best soccer player on the planet undercover on the streets of Madrid as a homeless guy. His services were just sold by Real Madrid to Juventus in Italy for over $130 million dollars, not including his $25 million per year salary.

Do you suppose that the girl that he asked for her phone number is kicking herself after this came out?

Mben

Staff member
Imagine if you had one of the biggest sports stars in America going undercover as a homeless guy demonstrating amazing skills?

This is Cristiano Ronaldo - arguably the best soccer player on the planet undercover on the streets of Madrid as a homeless guy. His services were just sold by Real Madrid to Juventus in Italy for over $130 million dollars, not including his $25 million per year salary.

Do you suppose that the girl that he asked for her phone number is kicking herself after this came out?
And the crowd that formed after he revealed himself. :surprise:

He is one good looking ... errrr .... I mean an amazing soccer player!

So what are his "services"?

PSP

Unlike American sports team, players are not traded from team to team for other players. The contract obligating the player to play for a certain team is sold from one team to another.

Mben

Staff member
Unlike American sports team, players are not traded from team to team for other players. The contract obligating the player to play for a certain team is sold from one team to another.
Ahhh, I get it now.

I was thinking "services", like he became a gigolo or something. :laughhard: