• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Long time forum member's family needs urgent help !

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Well friends we have hit another big blip in the road, well it seems big to me but probably laughable to most. They ended up shutting off the cable/net/phone last thursday but i gotta it turned back on with the last of our funds, now some might say why waste the last money you have on that and the answer is because i need the computer for work if and when i get a job and i need it for sending out my resume etc so it was important to get it back on it wasn't just a frivolous expense. So now the issue is making it food wise until the first, i tried the local food bank and they gave us 1 pack of spaghetti noodles, a cold pizza from Little Caesars that had been sitting there all day and a french roll bread and a package of dried cherries and that was for 5 adults,if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable. I can't ask for more from any of our friends and supporters here but and this is a big but,lol, if you can help with some grocery funds so we make it until the first would be great.If not we can all go on a diet i guess,lol

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
I thought i would post a small update to let you guys know i am alive still. Things have gotten really bad but i pray they are soon to turn around as i may have a new job.....this is me praying for the job !!! I will get back to you all when i find out the dealio.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:crossed:Oh that would be great petey, I really hope you get it. Please let us know what happens with that.

Jewels

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Good for you Pete! Life threw you a curve ball earlier in the year and you have held your head up high and held on for dear life! I am so happy for you right now! I know a new job will be the first step on the road of recovery for your family. No matter what happens.....keep the faith as you have this whole entire time!!! Remember when one door closes, another one has to open sooner or later. Still praying my friend....still praying!!!

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Sorry to say it looks like the job is going to not happen,lol i swear to God, if i had any luck at all it would all be bad. I hate to say this but i don't know how much longer i can keep going on.

Jewels

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Trust me, I think this daily! I am in the same exact situation as you, but I no longer have my house. If I can do it, I know you can! Just keep doing what you have so far. It may seem like you are getting no where but you are. Several months ago, you thought you were at your end. I know things are not ideal. Just please keep digging within and keep climbing your way out. Yes the rope may get shorter and shorter but your determination is bigger! Try to thank back when you first learned of your impending situation. And look at today. You wouldn't of imagined you'd still have a roof over your head but you do! Keep looking at the small things you have overcome and accomplished. These are really the big things. I know no matter what happens, as long as you and your family are together, no matter where it may be, nothing can take that away. Trust me, I'm living proof!

Jewels

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
For us both.........
2c6030068a939586908507f254692c64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Thank you Jewels you always have an uplifting message for me but when i think about the rope getting shorter i just want to wrap it around my throat and jump from anywhere, i apologize i shouldn't be on here whinning and crying you all have your own issues and i am being selfish, once again i'm sorry

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Carry on all you want, petey. If we are only ears to listen and voices to say prayers for you, then you have a shoulder to lean on. "
I think people always need somewhere to go or someone to vent on otherwise we'd go crazy.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Thanks M, i feel like i am going crazy. Everytime i get a glimmer of hope it's like i watch it get smashed like as if someone were stomping on a spider or something, and it gets old having your only tiny bit of hope dashed away again and again. I honestly don't know where i will be by the time the first rolls around, might have no car in fact probably won't have a car wich will just make everything else so much more lovely !!!! I can't wait.

drunab

Hey Pete,"
Are you getting financial assistance from DHS along with your EBT? It sounds like you are eligible for cash assistance due to the fact that you are already receiving SNAP benefits. Also, you could apply for SSDI benefits due to your spouse being disabled. You would also be eligible to receive spousal SSDI benefits if your spouse is receiving SSDI benefits and you would receive a payment for your son as well, being he is a dependent.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Thanks drunab, my wife is getting something to do with ssi, i'm not 100% sure what one but that is the only reason besides friends helping out that i am not living in the alley at this point, but i will look into the spousal thing because i never heard of that one.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Well gang to add to my pile of misery, last night my uncle lost his battle with cancer. I am devastated but at the same time glad because his suffering is over.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Awwww, I'm sorry, petey. "
Sometimes it is better for those who are suffering but I feel your pain right now.

Jewels

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am so sorry for you loss. I know it hurts very badly but I know you do take comfort in knowing his days of suffering have come to an end. Still praying for you but I will add the rest of your family to my prayers. Hang in there Pete.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Thanks Mben & Jewels for your prayers and well wishes. With everything else i am going through it makes this so much harder but yes i was told that when he took his last breath he was sleeping peacefully and we can't ask for more than that.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Sorry folks but your forum beggar is back. With the death of my uncle Wed from liver cancer and because i still haven't found work we as a family can't even afford to have him cremated and my family is still on the brink of disaster. Believe me i hate doing this i wish i was working but the Lord has not seen fit to help me with employment so i am soon to find myself standing on a freeway offramp asking for change, don't laugh it is a closer reality than anyone thinks. Anyways i have opened up another donation site just in case the Lord leads you to help us either again or for the first time. I love all you that have been so supportive even though we may have never met face to face but still you are a caring and helpful bunch and for that i thank you. Here is the new link and once again i am sorry for being a worthless provider that needs hand outs......................<a href="http://www.gofundme.com/ct3dq0">www.gofundme.com/ct3dq0</a>

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
So sorry things are still hard petey. It hurts my heart when you call yourself names though. I wish I could help but I live paycheck to paycheck and still come up short. Hopefully there are others on here in a better position to give. Try to hang in there, I know it's hard.