• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

"Music is Life" - Share Your Favorite Music Videos

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Up and coming band "Kaleido". Saw them in Vegas opening up for Sammy Hagar a couple off weeks ago.

Reactions: Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I desperately would like to "like" your choice, but I just can't do that for Kanye....
Are you kidding?? That song and video are awesome! (the video more than the song if I were honest, but I like them both)

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Are you kidding?? That song and video are awesome! (the video more than the song if I were honest, but I like them both)

The song is/was amazing - when Ray Charles played and sang it in 1954...

Kanye? Not so much....

Reactions: Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Sorry :lol: I like it still.

however I am grateful for the music education you provide. :) my "music-ation" if you will...

Mben

Staff member
SMH I thought he was married to that Kardashian chick and not Beyonce. (kidding)

I saw when he jumped up when Beck got on stage to reinact his rude interruption he made in 2009.

What an ass!

And I agree .... he needs to go away ..... far away.

dcc12ad9ff8d90a6f1366b6ff1083c9c0b7e7e244dbf741c54b32370e6e5e74c.jpg

Reactions: Gadget and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:lol: I forgot Mben and me share a lot of the same letters when I decided to let other people go first :p

Reactions: Mben

PMM

The one,the only OTIS REDDING.

I have been a fan of Otis for many many years. Wayyyy back in the 80's when my friends thought I was nuts.
This video is just a sample of the talent this man had. RIP Otis. Way to soon.

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER

This one is louder than words....

pink floyd the endless river

O- ric ocasek
M - metallica
A - air supply
R - radiohead
I - iggy pop
E - eurythmics

C-Coldplay
H- hoobastank
I - indigo girls
L - Loudness
L - Linkin Park
Y - yngwie malmsteen
M - motels
E - elton john
L - living color
L - lynyrd skynyrd
O - Otis
W - wallflowers

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
So I was reminded of Radiohead by the above post. I can get lost inside my radiohead...here's some lyrics I am listening to OK Computer at the moment -
Let Down
Transport, motorways and tramlines,
starting and then stopping,
taking off and landing,
the emptiest of feelings,
disappointed people, clinging on to bottles,
and when it comes it’s so, so, disappointing.

Let down and hanging around,
crushed like a bug in the ground.
Let down and hanging around.

Shell smashed, juices flowing
wings twitch, legs are going,
don’t get sentimental, it always ends up drivel.
One day, I’m gonna grow wings,
a chemical reaction,
hysterical and useless
hysterical and

let down and hanging around,

Let down,
Let down,
Let down.

You know, you know where you are with,
you know where you are with,
floor collapsing, falling, bouncing back
and one day, I’m gonna grow wings,
a chemical reaction, [You know where you are,]
hysterical and useless [you know where you are,]
hysterical and [you know where you are,]

let down and hanging around,

SONG INFORMATION

Released: June 1997
Found on: OK Computer

You can find all kinds of everything radiohead at GreenPlastic.com

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
Can I post a really sad story and video? I mean...really, really sad?

Of course I can.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQyCkwAA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-RcX5DS5A&ei=_IVeVeOrFoicyQT2jYGoDQ&usg=AFQjCNEC4LlILKoSbnJCFKF4Rq8-bSPaZg&sig2=tPAlISGNn0lPOfGiIvxAug&bvm=bv.93990622,d.aWw

I had a bad relationship with Henry DeLeon, and we were married for a day -the day he came back from Oklahoma after being gone for months.
Henry was from westside San Antonio. When he was like 12, his grandparents had him delivering heroin around the neighborhood. When I met him he was in jail, and he was born in 1975 - I was born in 1957. We were quite the odd couple.
That night I made him watch this video.
If you watch it, or have seen it, it goes in reverse.
I told him I wanted him to know how much I loved him, because, who knows, tomorrow he could be dead. (another sad story behind that)
He looked at me all strange and said "don't say that!" and knocked on the wooden wall. Very superstitious folks, the westside san antonians. I hadn't thought it would shock him like that, and said I was sorry.
The next day he borrowed my car while I was at work to see his family. He called me at noon from the HEB where his little cousin worked. I could tell he was darn high, and he I told him he could tell me anything and he told me that's why he loved me so much. He asked for a little more time to take his cousin home from work, then he would pick me up at lunch.
I sat outside the UTSA downtown campus the whole hour of my lunch break and he never showed up. Went home that evening. No Henry. no car. oh shit, he stole it and is gone, I thought. 3 days went by.
I was a mess, what a fool to trust this guy who had once beaten the crap out of me. Now my car was gone.
That night I got a call from my daughter, whose friend called her to tell her to tell me watch the news, they found my car.
Henry had been at HEB that whole time, in the parking lot. Dead of an overdose. In my car. For three days while the people came and went, the store closed, the store opened. Security drove around the parking lot. Three freaking days. With his head against the steering wheel and nobody noticed until the smell became overwhelming. His uncle had died pretty much the same way, three days in the desert in a van in El Paso...

Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be so hard.

Last edited:

Mben

Staff member
@chillymellow - You have obviously seen some things in your lifetime. I applaud you you for ending up the lovely upbeat funny chilly that we know despite it. Thank you for sharing your very personal, heartbreaking story.