• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed NO DEPOSIT FORUM FREE TO ENTER '2019 FATHER'S DAY' CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - CLOSES 6-25-19

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
No Deposit Forum Father's Day Contest 2019.gif

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Let me start this out - even though (based on recent history I have absolutely no chance of winning...)

My father is/was a superhero because he was a WWII veteran who flew B-25 bombers from Italy during the war. It turns out that the former Pope was one of the one shooting at him in the Brenner Pass :surprise:

So much for embracing the Papal history. If he was a better shot, I wouldn't be here!

Mben

Staff member
Let me start this out - even though (based on recent history I have absolutely no chance of winning...)

My father is/was a superhero because he was a WWII veteran who flew B-25 bombers from Italy during the war. It turns out that the former Pope was one of the one shooting at him in the Brenner Pass :surprise:

So much for embracing the Papal history. If he was a better shot, I wouldn't be here!

That's awesome! I mean to have that much detailed history in your family. Pope, WWII, flying B-52's ...

Mben

Staff member
My father was a superhero because while in his 28 year Army career and 17 years with the Border Patrol after that, he called in sick only one day in his life. That was when I gave him the mumps. :surprise:

He wasn't happy about that, nor was he happy that the Army forced early retirement on him after his heart attack. He was going for 30 years.

helwin

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Even though he yelled most of the time, he was intelligent, generous when I'd ask for an amount of money, he'd ask what it was for and give me more. I have inherited the yelling and know why he did this so much, nobody listens, and can't hear you no matter what volume. He was funny at times too. he died 6 years ago, with lymphoma. My brother imitates him now and then. He'd be sitting in his living room spot and ask my mom humbly "am I supposed to eat something?" My mom told us the last thing he said to her was "shut up" It was shock to find out he had cancer. I don't know why the Drs didn't see it sooner. My mom waited til after my birthday to write me and tell me, didn't want to ruin that day. I didn't make it to see him before he died. I do miss him.

PSP

My father is/was a superhero because - well, just because he was! I will fervently dispute anyone who says that he wasn't!

edited by Mben

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mben

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
My Dad is/was a superhero because he had the patience of Job. Five kids and he rarely raised his voice to us. I struggle to remember him being angry.
Thanks

Mben

Staff member
My Dad is/was a superhero because he had the patience of Job. Five kids and he rarely raised his voice to us. I struggle to remember him being angry.
Thanks
You must have been very well behaved children! ;) 5 kids and not raise his voice? You're dad was definitely a superhero!

My father was the opposite. I struggle to remember him not being angry with me. lol He was always angry with me. He wasn't the type to raise his voice, but he sure did discipline the crap out of me. My childhood was like a mini boot camp as far as I remember. That's the upbringing I had having a very strict military father. But I grew up and our relationship turned around 180 degrees. I didn't dwell on my bad feelings towards him after that. For the record, I was not a bad kid.

Reactions: robsspot3131

Loretta Lyons

My Daddy is and was my Superhero because in 1964 when he found out about me, as the story goes, "by my Grandpa hunting him down by shotgun and when my Mom's Dad found my Dad at a local pub, two-sheets in the wind, Grandpa Bridges held steadfast with the shotgun and said, "Boy you better go name your daughter!!" In that sobering moment that's when my Daddy because became more than my Daddy, he became my Superhero... forever.
808 I miss you Pop

Mben

Staff member
My Daddy is and was my Superhero because in 1964 when he found out about me, as the story goes, "by my Grandpa hunting him down by shotgun and when my Mom's Dad found my Dad at a local pub, two-sheets in the wind, Grandpa Bridges held steadfast with the shotgun and said, "Boy you better go name your daughter!!" In that sobering moment that's when my Daddy because became more than my Daddy, he became my Superhero... forever.
808 I miss you Pop
Your Grandpa is a superhero as well! Loved your story, Loretta!

PSP

My father is/was a superhero because he was always an honest, honorable guy. Didn't always pay off for him, but it taught me the value of being real.

grrr1980

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
My dad is my superhero because he is never gave up on me, always reminded that I was the only thing that could hold me back from being whatever I wanted to be. Even when I told him I wanted to join the boy`s high school football team and I knew he thought I was insane, he encouraged me to do my best.

PSP

My father is/was a superhero because he taught me by example to be a good father by being involved in my kid's activities.

(and 4 just happened to be my mother's lucky number)

PSP

Apparently I haven't told you about my plan to disable the website for the last 10 days of the contest... :surprise:

It will be selective, of course!
3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Mben

Staff member
My dad is my superhero because he is never gave up on me, always reminded that I was the only thing that could hold me back from being whatever I wanted to be. Even when I told him I wanted to join the boy`s high school football team and I knew he thought I was insane, he encouraged me to do my best.
What a super supportive dad! :cheer:

So did you join???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackWoods94