• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Puzzle It Out!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Let me go take a smart pill. I'll be back when it kicks in. lol (I'll be back with THE answer)
Even after looking the answer up, I don't get it. It does not make sense.

For the record as far as my prior answers go, the puzzle should read ... "look" identical.

identical = similar in every detail; exactly alike

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Here's the explanation:

You don't know which pill is which, but you know that you have one pill A and 2 pill Bs.

If you cut each pill in half and put one half in each of 2 stacks, you will end up with 2 piles with 1/2 of pill A and 2 halves of pill B in each pile. If you take one more pill A and split it in half and put one piece in each pile, you now have one pill A and one pill B in each pile.

:thumb:

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
Sometimes "logic" escapes me! lol

I had the 3 pills all mixed together originally. No where does it say that the 3 pills you took out stayed separate from each other. If it were me, they'd be mixed in the same pile. (Game over! lol)

So even if I took out another A pill, cut it in half and threw it in with the other half cut pills, they were all mixed together still.

Reactions: Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
mrspoctalk.jpg

PSP

Sometimes "logic" escapes me! lol

I had the 3 pills all mixed together originally. No where does it say that the 3 pills you took out stayed separate from each other. If it were me, they'd be mixed in the same pile. (Game over! lol)

So even if I took out another A pill, cut it in half and threw it in with the other half cut pills, they were all mixed together still.

I think the part that you are missing is that you cut the pills in half ONE AT A TIME. Once you cut a pill, you put one half in each pile. This way you end up with 3 pieces in each pile and, since you started with 1 A pill and 2 B pills, you end up with the same thing in each pile regardless of the order that you cut them.

:roll:I hope that helps:roll:

Mben

Staff member
Even if I cut the pills in my pile in half after grabbing one more from the bottle that had one more, I would then have a pile of 8 halves all mixed up.

Original 3 pills :below:

piles.jpg

Mben

Staff member
See, I needed that visual because I just got what you are saying with the cutting and piling one pill at a time into 2 separate piles. That way I would have half of each in both piles and then the pill I grab from the bottle to equal 4 pills that I cut in half also, would then be placed in each "halves" pile thus giving me 2 sets of correct pills to be taken over 2 days.

PSP

See, I needed that visual because I just got what you are saying with the cutting and piling one pill at a time into 2 separate piles. That way I would have half of each in both piles and then the pill I grab from the bottle to equal 4 pills that I cut in half also, would then be placed in each "halves" pile thus giving me 2 sets of correct pills to be taken over 2 days.

... and I mean this with all due respect...
:homer:

Reactions: Sookie and Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Question: If it's information you seek, come and see me.
If it's pairs of letters you need, I have consecutively three.

Who am I?

PSP

Question: If it's information you seek, come and see me.
If it's pairs of letters you need, I have consecutively three.

Who am I?

Are you sure that you don't mean "WHAT" am I?

PSP

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?
This puzzle seems so tricky it is almost startling.

Reactions: PSP

Mben

Staff member
I think I'd start backwards and build a word starting with A or I.

PSP

A fast food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6, 9, and 20.

What is the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from this restaurant?

PSP

Can I retract that last one? The largest number is a prime number that isn't divisible by 2, 3, or 5....

... but there are an infinite number of prime numbers (not divisible by anything other than 1) so the answer is impossible to give

:surprise:

Mben

Staff member
Not easy - until you see the pattern :thumb:

Correct! Good job!

Answer: 1113122113
  • 3 is read off as "one 3" or 13.
  • 13 is read off as "one 1, then one 3" or 1113.
  • 1113 is read off as "three 1, then one 3" or 3113.
  • 3113 is read off as "one 3, then two 1's, then one 3" or 132113.
  • 132113 is read off as "1 one, then one 3, then one 2, then two 1's, then one 3" or 1113122113
  • ... and so on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistyrich1980