• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Shocking!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
(RNN) - Three engineering students at SRM University in Chennai have invented a set of electrified underwear to help prevent rape.The anti-rape underwear is designed to shock rapists and alert a victim's family of the sexual assault.The underwear, called Society Harnessing Equipment (SHE), deploys a 3,800kV charge to anyone touching the outside of the underwear while protecting the wearer with a polymer lining.It can shock an attacker up to 82 times.The bra of this underwear set is equipped with GPS tracking device that can notify cops and family members in real-time in the event of an attack. A person trying to molest a girl will get the shock of his life the moment pressure sensors get activated, and the GPS and GSM modules would send an SMS (to police) as well as to parents of the girl, Manisha Mohan, who helped develop the product, told The Times of India.The students hope that this product will allow Indian women to go out and about by themselves without fear of a sexual assault.The team wants SHE commercial ready by April. I have approached a friend in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) to help me find the right kind of fabric for the product so that it can be washed, Mohan said.This invention comes four months after the Delhi gang rape of a 23-year-old student in December sparked outrage across the country, leading to a wave of protests.India's president later approved harsher punishments for rapists, including the death penalty.<a href="http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=21908886" >source</a>
21908886_BG1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
good for them! sounds almost like a panty tazer. i would like to hear if it has stopped someone from being raped and if the person trying to rape the girl was caught and what his consequences were

Mben

Staff member
They are trying to get it ready for use by this month. I'll keep my ears open for any stories that may come because of the SHE . If your asking about the woman mentioned in the article, all the men and one boy were caught pretty quick after it happened. The woman died from her injuries so they penalties are going to be stiff. One of the men killed himself while in jail.

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
_____________________________________________________________________ India's president later approved harsher punishments for rapists, including the death penalty. _____________________________________________________________________ boy if their president later approved harsher punishments, what was it before? a slap on the hand?

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
For any girls wearing these garments, getting thrown in a swimming pool might be a real charge :surprise: What happens if they get a little borracho and start getting intentionally frisky, can these be turned off or is their suitor lit up like a slot machine regardless?

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote: For any girls wearing these garments, getting thrown in a swimming pool might be a real charge :surprise: What happens if they get a little borracho and start getting intentionally frisky, can these be turned off or is their suitor lit up like a slot machine regardless?
I never thought of that about any of that, PSP. Really, what would happen if they got thrown in a pool, drenched by an unexpected rainshower or got hit by a water balloon??? I think if they're gettin' frisky intentionally, the suitor is gonna be lit up whether the one being suited on (hahahaha) is wearing the SHE or not! :shwing:For now though, we should assume that tequila and the SHE shouldn't mix!