• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

SLOTLAND WINNER

K

krystalkitty

of $500.00. A while back, I submitted a story of what we do in the summer and won LOL....Totally stunned! I am not a good writer, so never expected to win. So, just goes to show you, a person can win.

K

krystalkitty

The way I found out was at GG. Another member posted and congratulated me for winning and then the 500 showed up in my account. Never received the email......My email SUCKS. Still trying to find someone to forward it to me. Anyone here a VIP at Slotland? They are the only one's who would of received it.

K

krystalkitty

Favorite Spring Activity - $1,500 in bonuses for 3 players"
"
Thank you for all your participation and outstanding stories. From among the contestants, we could only draw just 3 winners (who each got a $500 bonus!), but as always we had many responses. We hope those who didn't win this time will find better luck in one of our future competitions! Remember, these are RANDOM draws, so if you keep submitting, you are bound to ultimately be selected!"
"
Following are the three randomly drawn winners of this contest, along with their stories. Their player IDs and stories are also included below."
"
Winner 1: KRYSTALKITTY"
"
The 4th of July.... It's a long way to the parade we go to. Takes about an hour. So on the way, we sing some patriot songs or any other song we can sing. There are 12 of us going the on the float this year. First, we decorate a float for a parade the day of the 4th. This year we are sponsoring M&M's corner bar. They provide drinks, chips, and all kinds of candy to throw to adults and kiddies. We have a John Deere 1950 B tractor which will pull a 10 foot trailer with a picnic table. The parade we go to has been a long standing tradition for 30 years in the town of West Union, Minnesota, a population of 200. The parade route goes through town and back. Takes a total of about 45 min. Following the parade, there is a huge pot luck in the park with all the food you can imagine. I especially love the food all the farmer's wives bring. They all have awesome dishes. Oh, you can't forget about the all you can eat watermelon and sweet corn dripping with butter. There is a oomp papa band and lots of games for the kiddies. After a few hours, we take off back home. We go to Fairy Lake and continue to throw out candy. Everyone thinks that is just a hoot. We arrive home...... Undecorate the float we so lovingly made LOL. Now the time for fireworks and bonfire... roasting marshmallows and hotdogs and making smores. We live on a hill, so we are able to see five different fireworks displays. The sky is so beautiful.

K

krystalkitty

Have some regular pictures, don't think none were take with a digital. Will have to talk to hubbies Mom, maybe they did.

belgamo2

Banned
MAYBERRY LIVES!!!!  I can so see why you won $500.  Your story made me feel nostalgic, hopeful and even got the little Mr. Roger's ditty, Won't you be my neighbor , running through my head!  You said you aren't a good writer....well Miss Kitty I would say you are a terrific one!  Your story was wonderful!  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.taco

Last edited by a moderator:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
krystalkitty, "
"
Your story was right out the pages of a Mark Twain novel! Taco was right when she said you could write. If you can make a person feel like they were right there with you, celebrating the 4th, you have talent! I could have sworn I was smelling a hot apple pie that just came out of the oven while I was reading your story!"
"
Congratulations on your win also!"
"
In my eyes, your story was priceless!!