• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Snow in Tucson, AZ! 2-20-13

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
It's snowing in Tucson! And yes, I am very excited! lol

It has been years since we have seen snow like this. It's so cool! Enjoy the pictures!

Snow on a saguaro is beautiful!

download.spark
download.spark
download.spark
download.spark

download.spark

Last edited:

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It really looks beautiful. We had a little snow here also last night, but we are used to it , unlike you must be. Enjoy it while you can.

Mben

Staff member
I am enjoying it but travelers are not! Tucson Int'l Airport just stopped flights landing in Tucson. They are being diverted. Boy, we get a little snow and the whole city freezes up! lol We are so not use to it!

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
i love the snow that is probably why i live on the west coast i see snow every year. but i must say i have never seen snow on a cactus before lol

omeg

It is beautiful Mben.That pic of the big cactus with snow on it is amazing.You live in a really cool place. I cant imagine seeing those things everyday by just looking out the window.So cool.

Mben

Staff member
daremto, snow on a saguaro happens almost never so now you can say you have seen it happen almost first hand. lolAnd that's just one type of cacti around here, Pam. It's a saguaro. There are so many different type that even I look around after all these years and think these are such beautiful but yet odd looking plants. lol They make me feel like I live on a different planet than Earth sometimes. The prickly pear cactus are abundant in our deserts. The cholla cactus or jumping cactus are pretty cool looking. They look fuzzy from a distance but after getting up close to one, you for sure wouldn't want to hug it. lol Oh and the golden barrel cactus. They say you can look at almost 99% of those and they face south. So when you're lost in the Sonoran Desert, you can get your bearings from one of those bad boys. Bad boys cuz they can get pretty big and are full of nice thick stickers.

Mben

Staff member
belgamo wrote: any snowball fights?
Actually yes!It was a short one cuz the boys ending up with frozen hands after about 10 minutes. These AZ boys are not use to the cold, that's for sure! lol