• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

warning

cat034

KITTY CAT 034
Be very careful if you recieve a msg from some1 saying their from microsoft security. I recieved a msg like that saying my credit card info was in jepordy and to click ok. Well a program was downloaded onto my computer that blocked me 4rm accessing even my front screen.I couldnt go to system restore or anything else. I misseed major things (like the chat party lmao)because i couldnt log into the net.Everytime i would click on continue unprotectd a screen would come up basically demanding i pay by credit card between $9.95 for minmum protection or $49.95 for full protection.It had me beat because i actually thought about paying them.Then i noticed since im on dail up i had bout a 2min wndow.I raced to my system restore and started it praying i could fix it.I was able 2. Im fast learning about computer because when i ran my spybot it came back that fake trojan horses were planted and spyware. Almost crashed my system. Im sure some of you have read my post about hating dail up but now i have to give it a thumbs upwho knows what would have happened if i had dsl.I investagated the situation some and come to find  out this has happened to otherJUST BE CAREFUL GUYS. Best of luck and HAPPY NEW YEARS

Last edited by a moderator:

cat034

KITTY CAT 034
since im on dail up my comp very very slow. When i turned it off and turned it back on i out ran the program called security tools to my restore and restored my system before it could block me. Then i performed a disk cleaner to try and get rid of all the files,then i ran my spybot and cancelled my credit cards.Its been a night mare but fri im going to buy extra security for my pc. After xmas i dont have money 4 a new pc.I forgot im writing a book and ive been worried about that 2 im going to stop writing and tax time im buying a new pc to finish my book on.

Last edited by a moderator:

conniecb66

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
wow....thanks for letting us all know as I am not good with computers I would have paid them because I need my computer or I would have a melt down....live by my computer..

helwin

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
  I couldn't even get to my system restore. It was blocking everything. I rebooted with my disc, okay now. And I'm proud to say I'm wearing protection, I think!