• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Well That Was Embarrassing!

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Sorry but this just cracks me up... :lol: Arizona politician mistakes campers for migrant children Credit: Adam Kwasman, a Tea Party patriot running for congress (R), has a heated discussion with an anti-immigration activist during a protest along Mt. Lemmon Road in anticipation of buses carrying illegal immigrants on July 15, 2014 in Oracle, Arizona. by BRAHM RESNIKTHE ARIZONA REPUBLICPosted on July 16, 2014 at 10:50 AMPHOENIX -- Arizona Rep. Adam Kwasman had just raced to Phoenix from a protest in Oracle on Tuesday over the expected arrival of dozens of migrant children at a shelter. He tweeted from the scene, Bus coming in. This is not compassion. This is the abrogation of the rule of law. He included a photo of the back of a yellow school bus.Kwasman later said he saw the migrant children. I was actually able to see some of the children in the buses. The fear on their faces.... This is not compassion, he said.But there was a problem with Kwasman's story: The children on the bus were not migrants, and there was no fear on their faces. The children from the Marana school district heading to the YMCA's Triangle Y Camp, not far from the Rite of Passage shelter for the migrants, at the base of Mt. Lemmon.KPNX-TV reporter Will Pitts, who was at the protest scene, says he saw the children laughing and taking pictures of the media.
KwasmanDeletedTweet.jpg
When Kwasman, who is also running in the 1st Congressional District GOP primary, was told the identity of the children, he later deleted the tweet. He also back-pedaled on his earlier account.While the campers showed up, the bus that Kwasman and other protesters were waiting for -- packed with migrant children -- did not arrive, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services...<a href="http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Ariz-politician-mistakes-campers-for-migrant-children-267349131.html" >source</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
2 things ..... "
First, I went to the YMCA's Triangle Y (Ranch - this was a part of the name back then) Camp way back when I was a kid! So happy to hear that it is still a summer destination for the (legal) kids these days!"
Second, how totally embarrassing for Kwasman. How was he suppose to know that they weren't the illegal aliens though? We have a huge Hispanic population here in Tucson/Marana."
And I do have a third ..."
The illegal aliens (criminals) did not arrive! I am happy to see that the protest held in Oracle, AZ yesterday did some good!

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Sorry?How was he supposed to know? Well he wasn't supposed to know I guess. But...  I was actually able to see some of the children in the buses. The fear on their faces.... ??I'm calling :bull:.Either you actually saw them and saw that they were laughing children taking pictures of the media like everyone else, OR you obviously made up your mind this was what you were going to see, you showed up planning to see it, possibly even believed you saw it, or just wanted everyone else to believe you saw it.(I guess another possibility is the word actually doesn't actually doesn't mean what you think it does)This has nothing to do with the whole migrant children situation. This guy had an agenda, ended up with egg on his face and if you ask me it ended up hurting the cause he thinks he's helping.

Mben

Staff member
I need to say this because of my last comment."
I am not being cruel and heartless. I am being bitter."
Years ago when my daughter was 4 or 5 and I was in my 20's, I was in between jobs and asked for assistance from the government. I was denied because my car (my only major asset) was $37 over the allowed maximum to receive this benefit. As a tax payer, I am upset that these kids. who are not citizens of the USA. will receive benefits for being illegal aliens or what they call migrant children . that I couldn't get as a citizen of the USA."
Also, as a most of the time law abiding citizen (yes, I drive over the speed limit from time to time) I was pulled over for not having insurance on my car. They ran my plates and the DMV had flagged me. Anyway, I had insurance, I showed the cop my proof but he said DMV said it so he gave me a ticket. I went to court and they dismissed it, of course. As a law abiding citizen, I was inconvenienced as it was a complete waste of my time and money to deal with it. BUT these kids are here illegally (hence the title ILLEGAL aliens) and are getting special treatment. "
Something just isn't right with our government!

Mben

Staff member
Sookie wrote: Sorry?How was he supposed to know? Well he wasn't supposed to know I guess. But...  I was actually able to see some of the children in the buses. The fear on their faces.... ??I'm calling :bull:.Either you actually saw them and saw that they were laughing children taking pictures of the media like everyone else, OR you obviously made up your mind this was what you were going to see, you showed up planning to see it, possibly even believed you saw it, or just wanted everyone else to believe you saw it.(I guess another possibility is the word actually actually doesn't mean what you think it does)This has nothing to do with the whole immigrant children situation. This guy had an agenda, ended up with egg on his face and if you ask me it ended up hurting the cause he thinks he's helping.
This is a big problem and that's why I said we have a huge Hispanic population here . I am assuming that he saw a bunch of Hispanic kids and that's where racial profiling would come into play. I got pissed off reading my ticket I just mentioned because it said my origin or ethnicity was H . I am not Hispanic and don't have a drop of Hispanic blood in me. I can pass as a Hispanic and I do have a Hispanic last name but that does NOT mean I am Hispanic.  The cop assumed something just by looks. Now Kwasman probably should have noted the Anglo children on the bus too because I have to assume there were some too and maybe wouldn't have ended up with egg on his face.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Sorry. I still think there was either fear on their faces or they were laughing and taking pictures. I don't see how them being Hispanic made them look terrified. Like I said I'm not commenting on the situation at all, just his performance. And that's what it was - a performance. Now had it been the correct bus I'm sure it may have been very effective.I'm right here in DFW, Texas and we have the same buses full of the same children everywhere too. I'm not saying that its not a problem. I'm not saying anything at all.I'm saying - WOW, That Was Embarrassing.

Mben

Staff member
No, it's fine. I am reading what I want to from the article. You are reading the embarrassment factor. I get it.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
This hits home really hard for me especially now. Here i am an American citizen and i am barely scraping by with the skin of my teeth and can't get any real help from my gov. Yet i see and hear about these immigrant kids and how we are going to cater to them or whatever well damnit what about my kid who was born here ? Now before anyone gets too upset with me, know that i am a 1st generation American who's family moved here from Cuba when Castro took over and they came here as political refugee's. They became US citizens and learned the english language and loved this country till the day they died. But when illegal's can get better help / care than citizens than some politicians need to go as well as a few bus loads

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Damn Asians.... :surprise:Ooops - did I say that out loud? :thumb:My internal test on this stuff is what would I do if the situation was reversed. If all of the jobs were in Mexico and I had to support my family, I would be one of the first one over the border to do whatever it took to support my family. As a reality check, I am staying in a Tornado magnet in Tampa as we speak - because that is what it takes to keep my family going....

Mben

Staff member
They suck, don't they, PSP? HAHAHAHA (for the record, I am half Asian, folks) And that's just it ... why doesn't Mexico make adjustments to their country (economically, etc. not meaning erect fences) to keep their folks there? A whole lot easier said than done, I know. Thank goodness I am not in need of government help and never did ask again since my 20's. It means I was/am doing ok on my own. But for those like peteyweestro and other people I know personally, they are working citizens who (like me) probably can be considered working poor, are getting benefits cut or denied altogether. Such a sad time in the US when the government denies their own and breaks the rules to accommodate others. I wonder how many Americans have now pushed this issue aside since Thursday's plane crash? And stay safe, PSP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mama's jeet