• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

WHETHER OR NOT WE LIKE IT...IT'S OUR WEATHER

PMM

Hi everyone.

Hope this is okay with the moderators....

I thought we all might need a special place to vent about our weather this Winter. (okay, maybe just I did)
A place to post pictures when we get buried in snow. A place to tell everyone when a scary storm rolls thru.
A place to complain how the bad weather slows us down. By all means...if you live in a beautiful place like Mben, post that too, so all of us can be envious.

Okay, I'll start....

Last night was tricky weather wise. It looked quite innocent as a very small flurry came thru. Barely enough to dust the ground. Innocent right? Well, during that flurry, the smallest of freezing drizzle fell too, but no one really knew that, which is unfortunate.

I had an appointment this morning. Car was in the garage so there was no ice on the car to tell me that there may be ice on the roads. I take off like a bat out of he** as I am running late. I am going along, and passing slower cars. Suddenly, it occurs to me, that all the cars are slower than me. Ding ding ding. A light goes off. Maybe there is ice on the roads. You know, the bad ice no one can actually see, but by God, it is there. The worst of all, Black Ice. I no more than tap my brakes, and I begin to slide....

I do what every Michigan driver knows to do in a skid. Steer in the direction of the skid. For God's sake, don't hit your brakes. Ever so slowly, I gained control, but not before doing a serious lane change. (Into oncoming traffic) Once again in my own lane, I just kinda coasted to a stop. Heart is in my throat, shaking like a leaf, sweating instantly.

Winter weather is no joke. Even when there is no snow or ice visible, you still have to watch for things that could potentially put you at risk. Geesh. I made my appt. Doctor wanted to know if I knew why I had a very high blood pressure reading. lol

Okay, thanks...I feel better...

Pam

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Thank goodness I don't live where I have to fear the winter. We have had sprinkles these last couple of days, but normally Tucson is sunny, sunny and sunny during the winter!

Here's our weather for today. (The background is our Beloved "A" Mountain ... Go U of A!)

Who's jealous? lol

Tucson Weather.png

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Is this a bad time to say that winter doesn't officially start for a few weeks?

For the record, it was 81 degrees in Tampa today...

Reactions: Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Last Sunday it was 76 degrees, then it dropped 40 degrees over night and stayed there.

PMM

Ahhh, a balmy 20 degrees this morning. A miracle happened, we have sunshine, and it will certainly allow the temps to rise up to a even balmier 30.

It has come to my attention that a lot of you live in the warmer states. Just saying as I am starting to plan my trips to each and every one of your places where I will enjoy the warmer temps until Winter is over in Michigan. (We have hardly started) lol

Rest of the week shows partly sunny and cold. This will be repeated many times thru out this post when I am talking about Michigan weather.

Mben

Staff member
Is this a bad time to say that winter doesn't officially start for a few weeks?

For the record, it was 81 degrees in Tampa today...
In Tucson, when we hit a certain dew point for 3 days in a row, that is the official start of our monsoon.

So when we have a high of less than 80 for 3 days in a row, it is the official start of winter for us! :biglol:

Today .... raining. Love it!!

Reactions: Sookie

PMM

So, I make this weather thread, thinking I could share with everyone the trials of winter weather in Michigan. Since then, I have had some of the best Winter weather you could ask for. Sunny, 39, and little wind. How exciting is that to write about? lol.

Oh, wait, chance of snow this week...30%....Zzzzzzzzzz

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It's cold here in Texas, But we keep having a few 76 degree days sneaking in. Give it a week or so and that will be over...

Mben

Staff member
It was cloudy and chilly in Tucson yesterday. Soup weather.

Today is bright and sunny with the bluest skies ever.

Reactions: PMM

PMM

• Today Periods of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain.
  • Tonight Periods of snow showers before 1am, then a chance of drizzle. Patchy fog after 1am.
  • Tuesday A chance of drizzle before 8am, then a chance of snow showers. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 38.
That is one gross weather forecast. Blah.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It's pretty chilly, but what surprised me this morning was how foggy it is. when I went outside it was as if i was standing inside a cloud!

Reactions: Mben and PMM

Mben

Staff member
My kind of weather is on the horizon! Love the lower temps, love the rain, love the chillier days with bright blue skies!

my weather.png

PMM

Another really mild day here in central Michigan for this time of year. 41 will be the high, and mostly sunny today and tomorrow.
We are so blessed to have this mild weather in December. I'll take it.
Last year we had several feet of snow on the ground already by this time.
Yippee

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Texas is weird, It was freezing yesterday, high of 69 today. Last winter we saw what seemed like all four seasons in a 24 hour period several times.

Reactions: PMM

PMM

haha, sounds like Michigan. The state where you can get a sunburn and frostbite in the same weekend.

PMM

Still above normal temps for central Michigan. Rain on the 22nd and 23rd here, with a very small chance of snow on the 24th and 25th. Looks like a green Christmas. I do not have a problem with that, as I do not care for snow.

How is everyone else looking in the weather dept for Christmas?

If you are driving or flying....stay safe.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Been wet here for 4 days, not raining the last 2 days but its freezing and everything is still wet.

PMM

Well, I love to complain about the weather, and today is no different.
What a ugly Christmas Eve. Rain, drizzle, fog, and everything is wet and cold.

More rain today, turning to snow tonight. possibly 2 inches after midnight. That would be pretty for Christmas, but then it can go away again. hehe

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!

Mben

Staff member
I keep telling you to move to AZ, Pam! lol

I thought Michael would have bright sunny skies to ride his new bike in tomorrow but it looks like we may get some rain. 50% chance probably means it'll rain on one side of the street and not the other which happens around here. I'll just help him cross the road and he'll be just fine. :thumb: Super excited for him to see his new bike!

weather.png

Reactions: PMM and Sookie

PMM

Well, Christmas is past, and so is the nasty Christmas eve weather. Drove thru a serious mesmerizing snow storm. You know the kind, well, some of you, where it is coming down so hard, and you are driving into it, it sort of mesmerizes you while driving. Scary stuff.

Anyways, 48 today, cloudy and no sun, but no rain. 48 is unheard of this time of year. I'll take it. I actually had to turn my furnace down some.

I'll tell you what....The weather in Michigan has been as lovely as the gas prices we are all experiencing. Now that's awesome.

Mben

Staff member
Wow, we're gonna get cold. I was freezing last night in probably 40 something degree weather with a jacket.

New Years Day is gonna be down right cold for me. lol

Attachments

• weather.png
    weather.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 455

PMM

Sookie? That comic is too much. Made me laugh out loud.

Here in Michigan, we are still looking at bare ground, however....Snow and a winter mix promises to show up on Saturday and Saturday night. With the temps being as cold as they are, the snow will finally stay. Ugh.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Oh the comic is true. They just lose their minds when it snows here. My boyfriend tries to tell me it never snows here except once in a great while, which is fine except it has snowed every year since I've been here so I don't believe him, lol.

Mben

Staff member
Sookie? That comic is too much. Made me laugh out loud.

Here in Michigan, we are still looking at bare ground, however....Snow and a winter mix promises to show up on Saturday and Saturday night. With the temps being as cold as they are, the snow will finally stay. Ugh.
And we here in Arizona had snow last night! Nanny, nanny, boo, boo! hahaha