• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

WHETHER OR NOT WE LIKE IT...IT'S OUR WEATHER

PMM

The snow is here in Michigan. 2-4 today, 1-2 tonight. Sleet and freezing rain mixed in. Joy joy.

Reactions: Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I woke up to thunder shaking the whole apartment building at 1am. Sky was purple with lightning. Now the sun is out like it never happened. Sun or no sun, it is still very cold though.

PMM

Oh boy....the cars going by my house this morning are moving very slow. Slippery out there. The freezing rain did in fact come. What a serious mess. Lots of slow commutes yesterday.

Today promises more snow and cold. Did anyone hear? Going to be 4 degrees tonight here, and a high of 8 tomorrow. -13 below wind chills. Oh....and more snow. Yes, Winter has finally arrived in Michigan.

Reactions: Mben and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yup. That sounds like winter! For some reason the winter we should be having here in Texas seems to have hit the west coast instead or parts of it. I think its still coming though, We have a low of 24 degrees today and it's pretty cold on my porch right now ;)

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
We had snow on New Year's Eve and today it will be a gorgeous 77 degrees with bright blue skies!

4 and 8 degrees sound absolutely frightening, Pam! lol

Reactions: PMM and Sookie

PMM

My Sisters and I were just children and grew up in this stuff from a long time ago.
My Sister in California , when told it was 1 degrees for the high said...."That is booger freezing weather."

Meaning, it is so cold, the inside of your nose, and everything in it, instantly freeze when you step outside and inhale. :biglol:

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
My Sisters and I were just children and grew up in this stuff from a long time ago.
My Sister in California , when told it was 1 degrees for the high said...."That is booger freezing weather."

Meaning, it is so cold, the inside of your nose, and everything in it, instantly freeze when you step outside and inhale. :biglol:
:lol:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Frozen_Nose.png

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Arlington, TX (Current Location)

34°F
Sunny

clear_day.png

• Today
    windy_day_night.png
    37°f High 18°f Low
  • Thu
    clear_day.png
    40°f High 30°f Low
  • Fri
    cloudy_day_night.png
    37°f High 27°

PMM

Wind chill warnings for today. -18 degrees with the wind chill. High of 8 degrees. Wind is blowing at 20mph.
Can you say MISERABLE OUTSIDE? haha

PMM

You know? All kidding aside, it is scary. Dangerous. People can get frost bite in record time if anything is exposed more than a few minutes.

I pray that people dealing with this bitter cold stay safe, and remember their animals tonight. Don't leave those sweet babies outside.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
That's the first thing that popped in my head when you said it, "those poor animals" ...then I thought of the people. I'm messed up like that :lol:

Reactions: PMM

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I was scratching my head on my porch thinking "Is that a sand storm??"

But they are just clouds. Never saw them do that before though.

PMM

Finally...we see the sun here in Michigan, and the temps rise to above 10 degrees.

The bitter cold has left us, at least temporarily, and the sun gives the illusion that it is warmer than it is.

Heat bills....UGH.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Reactions: Mben and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
"Above 10 degrees" still sounds bitter cold to me hun :(

Supposed to hit 60 here today, which is like 25 degrees higher than yesterday. I'll believe it when I see it because it's freezing right now!

Reactions: PMM and Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It is an unbelievable 68 degrees right now. It is almost enough to make you forget its winter. :lol: Im going to go look for firewood outside because in a couple days it will be freezing again!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Will this brutal winter in Tampa never end? It was a bone-chilling 74 degrees today....

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
For 3 days it has been 68 degrees. Today? Well, today it is winter again, 39 degrees right now and pouring rain.

PMM

Wow, has anyone noticed the weather report for the east coast for tonight and Tuesday? Serious bad weather. Blizzard warnings, and 2-3 foot of snow.

My Brother was supposed to fly to Boston today for his job, and thank goodness they cancelled the trip.

If any of our members are in that area, please stay safe. This is not a little storm.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I saw the storm warnings, I think everyone has no matter where they live. It looks terrifying. Glad your brother is not flying.

It will be 70 degrees here today, and back to 35 by Sunday. Welcome to Texas, this is when we begin our weather roller coaster into spring.

PMM

70 sounds heavenly. Cold here in Michigan. About 20. Sunny, but it doesn't help warm a thing up. Supposed to get some snow on Thursday here. Not sure how much yet.

Spring seems like a dream to me yet.

PMM

A balmy 3 degrees here at 4:20am. Winter storm Linus was pretty brutal with snow totals here. Luckily a angel on a red tractor came and plowed me out of the driveway. Don't know who exactly it is, but he was super sweet and helped me out.

The cold is a biting cold, just eats at your skin if it is exposed. Even I, who is always warm, finds myself freezing if I go outside for more than a few moments.

February.....March......April......Spring. LOL