• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Zimmerman verdict today

Spa-Rat

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Waiting for the verdict. Guilty or not?Is being in a fight with someone reason enough to kill them? Don't think it's worth someone's life. That's why some people shouldn't carry guns, they can just pull it out and kill someone when it's not really called for.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Spa-Rat wrote: Waiting for the verdict. Guilty or not? Here are the instructions for the jury ...  <a href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/153354467/George-Zimmerman-Trial-Final-Jury-Instructions" >http://www.scribd.com/doc/153354467/George-Zimmerman-Trial-Final-Jury-Instructions</a>  Is being in a fight with someone reason enough to kill them? When I am fighting for my life, yes, killing them is reason enough to ensure I stay alive. At that moment, I am the judge and jury when deciding if my life in jeopardy.  That's why some people shouldn't carry guns, they can just pull it out and kill someone when it's not really called for. This is true. Some people should not carry guns because they just shouldn't. On the other hand, a true gun advocate that is mentally stable is trained (most likely) and knows what a gun is for ... for protection (talking guns and not rifles used for hunting). Gun control is about controlling guns to keep them out of the hands of everyone (which is what our gov't seems to want). Where does that leave me? Protection-less against the bad guys. The bad guys will ALWAYS have guns no matter what laws are in place. Bad guys don't listen to the laws. I don't like the odds there. I am so against gun control! I am for people control though! I was born and raised around firearms. Been shooting them all my life  since I was 4 years old. Was in a Jr's Rifle Club for years shooting .22 rifles for match competitions even. I am protected right now and know when I need to pull it out . If gun control ever happens, I may just become a bad guy according to the laws because I will never give up my gun. 

Mben

Staff member
I have to ask ..... does anyone think there will be rioting if Zimmerman is found not guilty?"
I've read Twitter posts where there have been threats made for rioting, stores will be looted items for items needed for my apartment along with 3 tv's, no doubt and it's going to be worse than the Rodney King riots if Zimmerman gets off .

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
i think this is a tough call. zimmerman was wrong in following them, especially after the police told him not to and they were on their way. but then again, when they confronted him, there was two against one, and only zimmerman and the other kid are alive to say what happened, and i have not seen any testimonials from this other kid so zimmerman is the only one saying what happened. and i don't believe he was wrong shooting the kid if his life truely was in danger. personally i don't own a gun, i don't believe in them and i don't understand the need to have one. i don't think the people that own one are wrong for having them, unless they go out and do harm to another person, meaning they set out to purposefully hurt someone, then yes it is wrong and they should never of been allowed to own one. Mben is right the bad guys will ALWAYS have a gun, and unfortunately they are the ones who should not have one but will

Spa-Rat

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Already had that discussion. The police and community are already pleading with people to keep the peace. we'll see. most likely people will go nuts. Then innocent people that have nothing to do with get hurt.

joeamomma

I personally think Chris Rock said it best. We don't need gun control we need bullet control! But really it all comes down to you the individual that chooses to have the gun. You know what power and responseablity that comes with it. Thats the problem we have here. People want to have all the power, the rights, However don't want to take no responsablity when things go wrong.

Mben

Staff member
joeamomma wrote: I personally think Chris Rock said it best. We don't need gun control we need bullet control! But really it all comes down to you the individual that chooses to have the gun. You know what power and responseablity that comes with it. Thats the problem we have here. People want to have all the power, the rights, However don't want to take no responsablity when things go wrong.
I agree with you, joeamomma. I will take full responsibility for my actions. Some people won't and don't. Fortunately, my actions will be done with a more clearer mind than some deranged people out there. 

tking1

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If I was in zimmermans situation and someone banged my head on the sidewalk, he wouldn't get chance to do it again, black, white, Hispanic, purple or what ever color or race they are, i'm gonna protect my own life. I'm just so tired of this race crap that keeps going on when one race gets killed by another race, and then a riot starts because they didn't get there way or verdict they wanted. Zimmermans life is screwed anyway the verdict goes because of a situation that 99% of us would do the same thing if in his shoes. By the way i'm not racist in anyway but I tell you stuff like this pushes me to the edge of it.

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Ok, being a white, 57 yr old male, I won't begin to act as if I know what growing up anything else was like. I was a US Marine, I have worked hard for anything I've ever had. That being said, if you cannot see that there is STILL a racial divide in this country, you are either lying to yourself, or a racist. 14% of both black and white young males in the U.S. use Marijuana. 65% of the arrests for it, are indeed young, black males. Our police continue to profile, it is worse in the South, than anywhere, but big cities are as guilty of this problem. "
Even saying all that, this is NOT what happened here. Zimmerman is the worse kind of bigot. A few African American youths had been commiting burglaries in his neighborhood, so to him, ALL were suspect. This kid was walking home from buying a snack at 7-11. Zimmerman was asked by the 911 operator, if he was following Trayvon Martin. When he answeres yes, the operator said we don't need you to do that'! ANY actions after that statement were solely on Zimmerman. For this reason alone, I would find him guilty of manslaughter. I do think the Special Prosecutor (Florida) got caught up in the moment of the social media, and over shot their charges. "
As for folks rioting and looting, I believe no one wins in that situation. Peaceful protest should always prevail over violence, and crime!

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Mikey is right there is STILL a racial divide in this country and that is unfortunate. but i must say there are black people that are prejudiced against all white people, i have met some, and they let me know exactly how they felt about us white folk, scared the hell out of me. i don't know if zimmerman is a bigot, but he definately was in the wrong for following those kids when he was told not to, to me that says he himself was looking for trouble, i don't think he set out to shoot that young man, but at the end of the day he did and he is going to have to pay for it one way or another. like Mikey said any actions that zimmerman did after the police said not to follow them is on him and he is going to have to suffer the consequences for those actions. and if everything i have heard about him is true, then in my opinion he should never of been allowed to own a gun. "
one thing i was curious about is why after both mothers (travon and zimmermans) testified under oath that it was their son's voice they heard on that recording did the district attorney not have it analized by a voice recognition professional. that would of told us whose voice that really was on the recording."
i really hope there is no rioting or any violence when the verdict is in. innocent people always get hurt when that happens, and as far as i am concerned those who participate in the rioting have lowered their standards to the level of the person being charged with murder, and that makes them no better than he is and is just as guilty as he is and should be punished for their participation

Mben

Staff member
daremeto wrote: Mikey is right there is STILL a racial divide in this country and that is unfortunate. but i must say there are black people that are prejudiced against all white people, i have met some, and they let me know exactly how they felt about us white folk, scared the hell out of me. i don't know if zimmerman is a bigot, but he definately was in the wrong for following those kids when he was told not to, to me that says he himself was looking for trouble, i don't think he set out to shoot that young man, but at the end of the day he did and he is going to have to pay for it one way or another. like Mikey said any actions that zimmerman did after the police said not to follow them is on him and he is going to have to suffer the consequences for those actions. and if everything i have heard about him is true, then in my opinion he should never of been allowed to own a gun. one thing i was curious about is why after both mothers (travon and zimmermans) testified under oath that it was their son's voice they heard on that recording did the district attorney not have it analized by a voice recognition professional. that would of told us whose voice that really was on the recording. i really hope there is no rioting or any violence when the verdict is in. innocent people always get hurt when that happens, and as far as i am concerned those who participate in the rioting have lowered their standards to the level of the person being charged with murder, and that makes them no better than he is and is just as guilty as he is and should be punished for their participation
My thoughts too. With all our modern technology, this should have been easily done. 

tking1

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
According to Travons girlfriend from Pierce Morgans interview with her she says Cracka and Nigga aren't racist because the A at the end makes it different, but if you use the er at the end it is racist. Anything to tip toe around the comment Crazy Ass Cracker that Travon said on the phone call to her. Notice though on the stand she said cracker instead of cracka. They mean the same to me and both are offensive. I don't believe in the N word and I damn sure not going to go up to a black guy and say whats up nigga and expect him to stay calm and be my friend. That girls full of crap. Why do I feel like black people won't let racism die out, I mean this case had nothing to do with race."
As for profiling the black guy hoody thing, what race made people profile them that way. Did white people say hey hes wearing a hoody he must be a Good guy. Everyone profiles and theres no getting around it."
A stupid little test I did just now. Did you think I should have put bad guy instead of good guy. If so then you profiled Travon as a bad guy. I'm guilty of it I don't like profiling people but I do its human nature to do so .

Mben

Staff member
tking1 wrote: According to Travons girlfriend from Pierce Morgans interview with her she says Cracka and Nigga aren't racist because the A at the end makes it different, but if you use the er at the end it is racist. Anything to tip toe around the comment Crazy Ass Cracker that Travon said on the phone call to her. Notice though on the stand she said cracker instead of cracka. They mean the same to me and both are offensive. I don't believe in the N word and I damn sure not going to go up to a black guy and say whats up nigga and expect him to stay calm and be my friend. That girls full of crap. Why do I feel like black people won't let racism die out , I mean this case had nothing to do with race. As for profiling the black guy hoody thing, what race made people profile them that way. Did white people say hey hes wearing a hoody he must be a Good guy. Everyone profiles and theres no getting around it. A stupid little test I did just now. Did you think I should have put bad guy instead of good guy . If so then you profiled Travon as a bad guy. I'm guilty of it I don't like profiling people but I do its human nature to do so .
It won't die out because of things like this ... <a href="http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/16/its-come-to-this-the-federal-dept-of-justice-asking-for-tips-to-help-prosecute-george-zimmerman-dojcrs-sets-up-email-national-hotline/#comment-502951" >Its Come To This The Federal Dept. of Justice asking for Tips to Help Prosecute George Zimmerman DOJ/CRS Sets Up Email National Hotline</a>and this ... <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/rev-al-sharpton-rally-100-cities-zimmermans-acquittal_n_3605251.html" >Rev. Al Sharpton Responds To George Zimmerman's Acquittal With 100-City Rally </a>As far as your little test goes .... I read it as you were being sarcastic. I see what you were doing though. I am guilty also. I'm not openly being an idiot about it though (not saying you are, tking lol) meaning they are thoughts that cross in my mind and nothing more. I don't open my mouth and let the thoughts spill out. If one says they never have racially profiled, I'd say they are lying.  One last comment .... it does not matter what the actual word is. If a person uses a word, any word, to call someone a name, to hurt them, to have it mean any kind of negative connotation towards that person or their race, then that word is racist to me.  I've know this old cowboy for years now. He's a friend of my ex's brother. Well every time he would see me, he would say What's up, chink? We all know that's a racial slur for an Asian but I never took it as he was being racist towards me. Was I fueling his racial fire? No, I don't think so. It was somewhat of a joke between him and I. But if a complete stranger who was trying to throw racial crap my way by calling me a spicy tuna roll (not a known racial slur, just some yummy food lol), that is racist. 

Last edited by a moderator: