• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Another Hard Lesson Learned

pocketnut

POCKETNUT PLAYER
My Dad had by pass surgery 2 days ago, and Ive got to tell ya, it was a scary experience for me..Growing up I guess you could say I was somewhat of a troubled teen..shit lets face it I was troubled until about 2years ago..lol...Sitting in the waiting room was brutal. everything I ever said or done to my dad just started rushing back, and Ive never felt so much grief and regret in my life..When I finally was able too see him I told him I loved him..something I haven't done in about 25years.. Ill be doing that more often from now on...Yes we all know Life is short...But I always thought of my life, not my parents or my loved ones. I love you dad thanks for everything.

omeg

Ohhh, Your post was beautiful.  Thank you for sharing. I always seem to say as I age, If I only knew then what I know now, about situations just like you discribed.  It is all part of the growing older process, and I guess the important thing is that although it took longer than we liked, we learned it in the end. Although it takes something as serious as your Dad having surgury for you to realize how much he means to you, The fact is, now you know, and will never forget the hard lesson learned. God Bless you and may your Father make a speedy recovery.                                                                                                 Pam

MommyMachine

A Mommy Machine
God Bless you and your family. I too hope for a speedy recovery for your father."
"
I realized life is short not too long ago myself, when my husband first got sick. It's a hard lesson, and thank god you got it early enough where you can still say the things you want to say.

sashasmom

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am hopefull for a full recovery for your dad. you never know.  I tell my son and his wife to  live and love everyday as if it's your last. I lost my dear husband in April in his sleep. We had a quit supper together, watched a movie and I found him in the morning. I have no regrets because we loved each other very much and had a good life together but you just never know.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I hope your father gets well soon, pocketnut, so he can appreciate and enjoy the time you both have with the son that he may have thought left him 25 years ago. "
"
Without going into detail, I thank you for the eye opener. I must tell my father I love him too.

pocketnut

POCKETNUT PLAYER
I didn't even realise anyone posted here. Thanks all for the kind words. UPDATE....Pops is doing great. Hes back to his ole annoying self..lol...The other day he ask me in this whats your problem tone.. Son when are you going to get married settle down stop thinking your a what do they call it now Mary ( my mom) oh yea,... a plaayyeer...?My dad is a trip...love you dad......

Last edited by a moderator:

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Bypass surgery is amazing. My Dad was one of the first ones to have it in 1970 at 47 years old - it kicked his a$$ for a few months, but he was back surfing within 6 months."
"
It's a little counterintuitive, but the real danger of bypass surgery is the time BEFORE surgery. If the patient can survive to get to the operating table, the chances of full recovery and feeling MUCH better than before surgery are phenomenal."
"
With a smile on your face, please give him a message for me - tell Pops to get his a$$ out of the hospital - those are for sick people!

pocketnut

POCKETNUT PLAYER
PSP wrote: Bypass surgery is amazing. My Dad was one of the first ones to have it in 1970 at 47 years old - it kicked his a$$ for a few months, but he was back surfing within 6 months.It's a little counterintuitive, but the real danger of bypass surgery is the time BEFORE surgery. If the patient can survive to get to the operating table, the chances of full recovery and feeling MUCH better than before surgery are phenomenal.With a smile on your face, please give him a message for me - tell Pops to get his a$$ out of the hospital - those are for sick people!
 Oh hes out and as crazy as ever. When my dad when in his heart had two blockages one was at 80% and one was at 30%. I'm surprised he was still even walking and working. his heart was still very strong and the surgery went great. he hasn't been released to work yet but hes already working. pops is 59yrs old

pocketnut

POCKETNUT PLAYER
pocketnut wrote:
PSP wrote: Bypass surgery is amazing. My Dad was one of the first ones to have it in 1970 at 47 years old - it kicked his a$$ for a few months, but he was back surfing within 6 months.It's a little counterintuitive, but the real danger of bypass surgery is the time BEFORE surgery. If the patient can survive to get to the operating table, the chances of full recovery and feeling MUCH better than before surgery are phenomenal.With a smile on your face, please give him a message for me - tell Pops to get his a$$ out of the hospital - those are for sick people!
 When my dad when in his heart had
 meant to say when my dad went in

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
pocketnut wrote: pops is 59yrs old
 Well, that's a relief - At least I don't have to worry about that for a while!Oh, wait - I'm going to be 59 in a few days