• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed 'WHERE ARE WE?' FREE TO ENTER CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - JANUARY 2019 - CLOSES WHEN WE HAVE A WINNER!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
It kills me how many people don't believe that I am sincere about not wanting the monetary prize! I understand that it is rare, but that is EXACTLY how I roll! If the prize was $500K, we would be having a different discussion, but as it stands right now, I will be THRILLED if you win!

Let me assure you that winning the prize is honestly the LAST thing that I am interested in!

Reactions: Mben and PMM

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, it wasn't a question that would help me (us) completely...but it did help me narrow it down to what kind of "vessel" they are on. What kind of "private" "vessel" I mean. Since that has been accomplished, there are only 3,004 possibilities now. Those possibilities are divided into 6 different categories...so if we can narrow down the category, we would only have 501 possibilities left.....

Reactions: Mben

PSP

If I had a vote (and I don't...), I would give it to robsspot3131 just to save you two a ton of posts. I think that he has complied with the spirit of the contest - if not the exact details. If we are down to guessing which of the myriad of local vessels that you might be on to share a sandwich, IMO he has solved your mystery. At this point, we are down to serious minutia - which I don't think was your initial goal.

We are talking about a community that has LESS than 150 permanent residents...
narsarsuaq-in-south-greenland-at-sunset-1500x630.jpg

Reactions: robsspot3131

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I'm about to call it a day but not locking the thread.

I'll answer one more question.

Mben

Staff member
Being that you are so close, I wish there was a way to expedite the close of this contest, but without giving clues, I can't.

Reactions: robsspot3131

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If I had a vote (and I don't...), I would give it to robsspot3131 just to save you two a ton of posts. I think that he has complied with the spirit of the contest - if not the exact details. If we are down to guessing which of the myriad of local vessels that you might be on to share a sandwich, IMO he has solved your mystery. At this point, we are down to serious minutia - which I don't think was your initial goal.

We are talking about a community that has LESS than 150 permanent residents...
View attachment 15403

If they aren't on a yacht, then it may be down to guessing the local vessels, I guess. We could shorten that somewhat by asking questions like, "does it start with A - D" or "does it start with a vowel" or stuff like that, but even then, I just don't know if I have any more time to invest. I've even called Greenland twice...haha. I'll just have to weigh the time spent, and make sure that at some point, the reward is not just a compensation for resources spent, if that makes sense.

PSP

The minutia is becoming absurd - there are literally hundreds of vessels that you could be on!

Mben

Staff member
I've even called Greenland twice...haha. I'll just have to weigh the time spent, and make sure that at some point, the reward is not just a compensation for resources spent, if that makes sense.
Please tell me you didn't!

Mben

Staff member
You've both boiled it down to a ship in Narsarsuaq. You haven't even given me the name of the company who owns the ship we are on.

What could we be doing on a ship there? Fishing or exploring as in expedition, among other things.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I called Restaurant Narsarsuaq once, and the hotel once. Must be my competitive nature...although I now seem to be competing against a moving target.....:biglol:

Mben

Staff member
I called Restaurant Narsarsuaq once, and the hotel once. Must be my competitive nature...although I now seem to be competing against a moving target.....:biglol:
We're not moving. We are on a ship that serves meals to its guests. Doesn't make it a restaurant or a hotel.

PSP

Can we PLEASE accept robsspot3131's guess as close enough for NDF? Trying to guess the name of a yacht in (I am tired of copying/pasting the obscure name of the community)? I am done trying to do research on something this obscure. I think that we nailed where you are are - to a very reasonable level.

For the record, I love these games - and I would play them regardless if there was a prize or not, but I don't think that the answer is so specific / obscure that it is nearly impossible to guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneth.mervaille