• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

My BIG move

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
In case you all were wondering where the heck I have been lately, here's the scoop.About 6 months ago, I went through a breakup with my boyfriend of 8 years. Long story short, I packed what I could fit into my car and my daughters truck and took off. Leaving everything else behind such as all my furniture and household items. Since then I have been living with my daughter and her family till I could get back on my feet again, emotionally and financially. Well, I am fine now. I met a very nice guy who helped me out of the depression of going through my breakup. And my daughter kept a roof over my head for all this time.Living with my daughter was ok because I was able to be with my grandson everyday and that helped me a lot also. But then there was all the not so fun stuff that came with living with my daughter and her family. Things like I was the live in maid, the live in babysitter, the dog watcher and any other job position I could be called. Now it's time to move on ........ I am getting keys to my new place on Wednesday!I am excited about the move and nervous at the same time. You see, this will be the very first time I will be living all by myself. So starting Wed, I will be moving my stuff from my old house to my new apartment, one load at a time whenever the ex has time to help me get what I can, one day at a time. And I went from one end of the city to the other. That's my story and I am sticking to it. lolI want to say Thank You to Pam for holding down the fort these last few days while I have been in and out, getting organized, paperwork in order, etc. If you need anything at all, be sure to PM her during this next week while I take some time off to get moved. I will not be absent, just very busy.So I want to know, how long does it take to go crazy like talking to the walls because there is no one to talk to? (my daughter and people in general) Or scold? (my grandson) Or yell at? (the dogs)Also, when I get all moved in, I am inviting you all over for a house warming party! :party:

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
That's all well and good, but does it have A/C? :thumb:Congrats on the move!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Mben wrote: So I want to know, how long does it take to go crazy like talking to the walls because there is no one to talk to? (my daughter and people in general) Or scold? (my grandson) Or yell at? (the dogs)
 No one to talk to? Are you kidding me?You have tons of friends with you in there ALL the time! We just live in that little box that some people call a computer ...:roll:

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote: That's all well and good, but does it have A/C? :thumb:Congrats on the move!
YES!!! It does have A/C and that makes me the happiest camper in the whole wide world! :shwing::roll::shwing::roll::shwing::roll:

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote:
Mben wrote: So I want to know, how long does it take to go crazy like talking to the walls because there is no one to talk to? (my daughter and people in general) Or scold? (my grandson) Or yell at? (the dogs)
 No one to talk to? Are you kidding me? You have tons of friends with you in there ALL the time! We just live in that little box that some people call a computer ...:roll:
You are so right about that, PSP. I literally do have friends all over the world because if this forum. I just wish sometimes I could reach out and touch my friends.  (for those of you with your minds in the gutter, get them out. :lol: ) I will be ok. The Pros outweighed the Cons in my situation. My grandson is only 5 minutes down the road at his pre-school so I can pick him up whenever I want and my daughter is planning on stopping by on her lunch break from time to time. She's about 8 minutes down the road at her job. I am not going to turn into a hermit like I seem to think is going to happen.  (I hope not, at least)

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

Hi Everyone:Just spoke to Mben, and she is still involved with her move. As we all know, moving is a big chore.Tonight she is going to try to be online, but no promises.If we dont see her by tomorrow afternoon, Ill give another update.Take care Mben and come back soon.  You are missed.                                                                          Pam

Brenda777

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
HI Seems like so many people you meet and talk to lately are going through changes, weird world we live in right now, it may be hard at first but I have a feeling you are a can do type girl and everything is going to be even better than it was before, and you do have all us on here when you need to vent or start talking to a wall, just talk to the computer instead lots of friends in this little box :)My prayers and thoughts are with you!Good luck with everythingBrenda

lucky8s

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Hi Sweetie,So sorry and happy to hear of all the changes in your life recently. At times like these you have to think of the song God Bless the Broken Road it's about changes and how we look at them, like the song says, they can be like Northern lights leading you on your way. The living alone thing, I am the second oldest of 7 children, raised my son had a house full of his friends now he runs his very successful business and has graduated from college, with my help, of course. Now I have lived alone, and would NOT have it any other way, you can listen to the radio station you want, watch the TV channel you want, you don't have to wait for the shower, you can eat a PBJ sandwich at 3AM and not wake anybody up. You can get dressed whenever you want and if you spend the day in your jammies, no one will judge you for it. If you want to dance to your favorite song on the radio in nothing but your birthday suit, you can do it. Jump on your bed. So, you're by yourself? No friends around,no one but you? Don't sit there being lonely and bored! Enjoy that me time . 1. Have you caught up on everything you need to catch up on? The best thing about me time is you're not going to have any interruptions. So, catch up on that English paper, study for that history test next week, clean your room, and work on that science project. Use this time to your advantage.2. Go outside and enjoy nature. A solo hike allows you to observe nature without distractions of friends. You'll be surprised how fun and relaxing watching the clouds go by can be.3Learn to play a new instrument, like a guitar for example. This may require more effort to be put in, but it sure does fills up your time. In turn, you have gained a new skill you thought you never knew you had.4Pamper yourself. Since you're by yourself, now you can finally give yourself that manicure and pedicure. Arch your eyebrows (but avoid over-arching due to boredom) and give yourself a facial. Take a nice warm candle light bubble bath and enjoy being alone.5Take lots of random pictures. Take the most random pictures of yourself; pictures of your feet, pictures of you acting silly and sticking your tongue out, pictures of the ceiling or the kitchen sink.This is a great way to just have fun!6Read a book! Find a nice comfy spot, with a cold glass of any thing you like the most and read, read, read! It doesn't even have to be a book, it can be the latest issue of a magazine.7Watch a movie. Pop in a movie, make some popcorn and have a movie night .8Experiment in the kitchen. Make a new fruit smoothie or funny shaped pancake! Let your inner chef be revealed!9Make a list of the top 10 places you have wanted to travel and surf them on the net. the pyramids, Greece, Spain, Italy. Read up on their history. Maybe plan a trip in the future to actually go there.10Dance. Turn on some music and dance in front of the mirror. 11Go in your closet and mix and match your clothes. You can have fun just playing dress-up.12Go on the Internet and re-do your Myspace page or website, play games, catch up on the latest celebrity gossip on-line or edit on wikiHow!13Write in your notebook. Write a poem, draw a picture, write a letter to someone (or even yourself), make a list of things you want to do in your life or just write down a shopping list.14Reorganize your room!15Do you have a pet? Go walk your dog. Exercise in the house if it's raining by working out to music!16Make a scrapbook.17Call someone you haven't heard from in a while.18Drive somewhere fun; go to the mall and look around shops, you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to, you can just browse through things and see what there are. Maybe drive to the beach and spend your day getting a tan or swimming. You could drive to the movie theaters and see a movie or go to a park, enjoy the fresh air, and think about things. The possibilities are endless!19Watch some tv. You could watch a sports station if that's what interests you.You could watch MTV which always has some interesting reality show on or some music. Maybe move your TV into your kitchen and turn on the food network and make something. There are a lot of different things that could spark an interest in you!20Listen to music. There are so many genres and sub genres that finding something you like will be easy. You could go to Facebook and Myspace music and look through the genres there or go to YouTube and search for a band you've heard of or a rap artist. With music you can do more then listen to it, you can listen to the lyrics and try to interpret what they mean, you could try to learn how to play the instruments from the song on guitar, bass, drums, or maybe you could just sing the words from the song! Dance to the music, sing with it, play air guitar, or you could just sit in a big comfy chair, look out the window and eat some chips and just chill for a little. It will be very enjoyable and you will pass the time.21Exercise. Jog around the house with your music, or outside on the side walk, or on a treadmill. Do some push ups, stand on your ankles or toes for a long time or you could sit against the wall. There are many other articles saying good exercise ideas.22Meditate. There's nothing quite like it.23Travel to foreign places. Without a friend telling you where to go and what do, the sky is the limit!24Take up a sport. So often there is something we've always wanted to do, but we've been waiting for other people to do it with. Life is short. Just do it. There are plenty of groups you can join, where you'd meet more like-minded people anyway...25Write a book. The time may never come again when you will have such perfect loneliness - so make the most of it.26Start painting, needlework, knitting, pottery, or some other form of craft-making.27Think great thoughts without someone interrupting them with chatter.28Observe other people. Groups of people are especially interesting...29Play a video game! They put you into a different world where you live another life. Already have the game? Play it online! Go register online and buy the cheapest of any possible online package (To see if you like playing online with other people from around the world), and play multiplayer. Still bored or online play not an option? Ask yourself Have I beaten this game on the hardest difficulty? Have I achieved all the side missions and goals, or have I attained my own personal agendas? If the answer is no, give the game another play through, and try new things.30Tired of doing your hair the same old way? Try coming up with new ways to style your hair! Come up with enough styles to do your hair differently for a week, or even a whole month!31Learn something new. Either a formal course at a community college or church program or self-study on the internet. You'd be surprised what courses are offered for free.32Listen to music, and if you really like it, SING it. You probably need to Practice for that upcoming Talent Show or Choir Concert.33Do really obnoxious things that you love to do but everyone else thinks it is annoying, like all those stupid human tricks.34Sleep. You probably have some sleep you need to catch up with.35Eat all that stuff you always wanted to eat. Even if it means junk food.36Use your imagination. Go to a different place in your head and imagine a different world that can be anything you want it to be.37Find some new music/bands to listen to.38Go adventuring. Explore new places by yourself.39Make postcards for the ones you love.40Read articles on what to do when bored. You never know what you'll find41Call your friends. Maybe they have time to come to your house.42Make up a dance. 43Give your self a concert. Put some of your favorite tunes, get deep into the music and start dancing around and singing as if you were a famous star!44Build a website or start a blog about something that interests you. It could be about your favorite movies, games, bands, books, computers, celebrities... and lots more! Put lots of effort in your work so you can be proud of your own little personal website! Attract visitors and give them a forum to participate in!45Sit in the bathroom with your i-pod and just chill. You can take your time.46Do card tricks. You can always learn new tricks to show to friends.47Play an instrument you already know, or learn how to play one! Take your guitar, flute, saxophone, violin, etc. outside and play in the sun.48Decorate your room. Print pictures of celebrities or things you like and place them in your room.49 Watch your favorite reality shows online that maybe you have missed past episodes of. Like Big Brother, Survivor, PAWN STARS my favorite. Go to CBS.com,ABC.com,BRAVO.com NBC.com this will take you all day, and then some.50Do not rely on someone to keep you entertained. Enjoy time to yourself. You're all you've got!

Mben

Staff member
Thanks for your replies, Brenda and lucky8's. That's quite a list of things I can do for me , lucky8's, and I do appreciate you giving me some great ideas. Here's an update to my move ..... I am not completely moved in but have enough of my stuff to be able to live. I'll be making trips here and there across town when I have time to grab all my other stuff that's still sitting over at the old house. So the apartment complex has free wi-fi. That's great! I went out and got a wireless adapter, plugged it in and it found networks, just not the apartment's network. I'm too far away from the router. :( So I had to take the adapter back to the store, get my money back and re-activate my Cricket broadband account. That sucks because now I have an unnecessary bill (you know what I mean). Anyway, it took a day and a half to get that going because after the stick was activated, I couldn't connect. After quite a few phone calls and trips to Cricket, come to find out, my stick was bad. There goes more money down the drain to get another one. I was able to find one through a friend and buy it off of them for half price. :)Here's the long story short ..... I am back online, in my new place and about to get ready to Rock-n-Roll here on the forum and with life in general. :roll:Thank you again for holding down the fort, Pam! You did a fantastic job! :nod:

omeg

Mben:I am thrilled we all have you back.  I for one missed you alot, and I know others did too.Moving can never seem to happen without a few lumps and bumps along the way. Your internet fiasco seems to fit the bill perfectly.  What seems like it should be a simple thing, usually turns onto a huge headache. haha, Why is it always the internet that seems to be the problem?  Because we need and want it soooooo bad. hahaThe next few weeks and months you will still be getting settled in to your new place. Enjoy it, make it your own. The holidays are right around the corner too. So much to look forward to in your new place. :roll:By the way, thank you for the kind words, and it was my pleasure keeping the forum in tip top shape while you were gone.  I had a great teacher.                                                                                Pam