• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed 'WHERE ARE WE?' FREE TO ENTER CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - JANUARY 2019 - CLOSES WHEN WE HAVE A WINNER!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Sorry - just got back from the doctor. Contrary to the wishes of the mods having to answer all of these questions, I am going to survive!

OK, heading West - Are you between 45° West and 60° West?

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Does the name of the (non-specific) place that you are at have an "O" as it's 7th letter? For example, Arizona has an "O" as it's 7th letter. ;)

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
So you all don't have to scroll through 6 pages of questions and answers, here they are as of robsspot's post #154.

Are you in North America? NO
Is the population over 250,000? NO
Are you in the Northern Hemisphere? YES
Are you in Europe? YES
Is there a body of water at your Northern border? YES
Is the population over 150,000?
Does the European country that you are in share all or part of its name with its capital, i.e. Panama City, Panama? NO
Are you in Asia? NO
Are you in a bailiwick territory? NO
Are you in the Netherlands? NO
Are you on an archipelago? YES
Is this European archipelago known for its wine? NO
Are you somewhere on the Faroe Islands? NO
Are you North of 60°? YES
My GUESS is: The Santa Claus Village in Rovanemi in Lapland, Finland. NO
Are you somewhere on the Aland Isles? NO
Are you in the Shetland Islands? NO
Are you between 5 and 90 degrees WEST? YES
Are you on Jan Mayen Island? NO
Are you South of Cape Morris Jesup? YES
Is the archipelago Scottish? NO
Are you on the Lofoten Archipelago? NO
If you travelled 105 miles due East, would you end up in a body of water? YES
Are you in the archipelago named after the Vestmannaeyjar Islands? NO
MY GUESS IS: Are you in the UK? NO
Are you on the archipelago island of Svalbard? NO
In any direction, are you within 35 nautical miles of Baffin Bay? NO
Are you on an island in the Greenland Sea? NEXT ("in" to me is "in the middle of". )
Are you gals at a National Park? NO
Are you within the generally accepted boundaries of the Greenland Sea? NO
My guess is ... you are at/on Sammisoq island. NO
Are you at a nature reserve? NO
Are you somewhere in the Municipality of Sermersooq? NO
Are you within 30 miles of Disko Bay? NO
Are you at a museum? NO
Are you North of the Arctic Circle line? NO
Are u at a lighthouse? NO
Are you between 30 - 45 degrees West? NO
Are you between 20 - 30 degrees West? NO
Are you between 5 - 20 degrees West? NO
Are you between 45° West and 60° West? YES
Does the name of the (non-specific) place that you are at have an "O" as it's 7th letter? NO

Reactions: dmnitdava

PSP

For the sake of this game, I will stipulate that Greenland is part of Europe (even though geographically it isn't :thumb:)

Are you ladies on the island (nearly continent on its own) of Greenland?

Reactions: dmnitdava and Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
For the sake of this game, I will stipulate that Greenland is part of Europe (even though geographically it isn't :thumb:)
"Are you in North America" was your first question. I said NO because I went by this ... "While all of Greenland is on the North American plate it is a territory of Denmark, which is firmly in Europe."

Maybe the next contest I'll say NEXT to that type of question and someone would have to rephrase the question and ask either "are you on the North American continent?" or "is the country you are in a part of North America?"

You all are on the right track now so carry on! :)

Reactions: dmnitdava

PSP

"Are you in North America" was your first question. I said NO because I went by this ... "While all of Greenland is on the North American plate it is a territory of Denmark, which is firmly in Europe."

Maybe the next contest I'll say NEXT to that type of question and someone would have to rephrase the question and ask either "are you on the North American continent?" or "is the country you are in a part of North America?"

You all are on the right track now so carry on! :)

The problem with this explanation is that places with no connection to Europe , other than an explorer who claimed the land for their fatherland CENTURIES ago, ANYWHERE could be a part of Europe. By this definition, like robsspot3131 pointed out, Pitcairn Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean would be considered European.

Just sayin'..... :thumb:

dmnitdava

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Question deleted by Mben.

4. After a QUESTION has been asked, participants MUST WAIT for a moderator reply of "YES" or "NO" before another question can be asked. Otherwise, it will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmnitdava

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I sorry I don’t think it my turn yet idk so Iam stupid but we all now that already please let me know when I can go I hiss that will Be after you kids answer the lady official question posted not rant or chat but question so Iam learning hoping u can’t figure it out before this contest it over but if not I will go babk in the kitchen but first take my shoes off then like I was saying hi babk I. THe kitchen were I belong Lmfao get it cause iam a girl I love being able to be to keeps it reals really sexist so earlier in the am I think I don’t know I can’t coubt of course duh

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I sorry I don’t think it my turn yet idk so Iam stupid but we all now that already please let me know when I can go I hiss that will Be after you kids answer the lady official question posted not rant or chat but question so Iam learning hoping u can’t figure it out before this contest it over but if not I will go babk in the kitchen but first take my shoes off then like I was saying hi babk I. THe kitchen were I belong Lmfao get it cause iam a girl I love being able to be to keeps it reals really sexist so earlier in the am I think I don’t know I can’t coubt of course duh

I ran out of breath reading that.. :confused:

Reactions: Mben and dmnitdava

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
No, dmnitdava, it wasn't your turn yet, b/c the mods hadn't answered PSP's question, but it's an excellent question (in my opinion). So, please make sure to ask again, once you technically can.

Reactions: Mben and dmnitdava

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slyyoung86