• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed 'WHERE ARE WE?' FREE TO ENTER CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - JANUARY 2019 - CLOSES WHEN WE HAVE A WINNER!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
giphy.gif

Reactions: PMM and Mben

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Indeed! I also have my first follow-up doctor appointment in a couple of hours, so they might get a little bit of a break unless they answer before I go...
(Wouldn't a YES answer to your question put them in Greenland - which is generally accepted to be part of North America, not Europe?
... and North of 60° North, but South of the Arctic Circle (approx 67° North) severely limits where they could be)

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yessir. A "yes" should put them in Greenland. A "no" should put them in Iceland. If they are in Greenland, tho, that would also be accepted as Europe, as they are technically "owned" by Denmark

Reactions: PMM, Mben and PSP

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
yeah, i jus figure theres a "box" (more like a rectangle) of where they are. it's either 30 - 45 degrees, or 0 - 30 degrees. Can't be anything else, right? I think we've covered everything, right?

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
New Game: Where are We, version 2.
1 rule - 1 guess
Multiple choice
The mods are:
A) Watching the screens and laughing at 2 or 3 of us
B) Napping
C) Forgot where they are
D) Harvard

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
New Game: Where are We, version 2.
1 rule - 1 guess
Multiple choice
The mods are:
A) Watching the screens and laughing at 2 or 3 of us
B) Napping
C) Forgot where they are
D) Harvard
:laughhard:
Anyone who guessed "B" would be almost right. In my case anyway. I was, and technically still am, taking a break. But no rest for the weary. lol

Before I answer your question Rob, I am gong to show you the latitude/longitude map I am going off of. What I added in RED, I am correct, right? Meaning what you asked about as far as "between 30 - 45 degrees West".

And if the coordinates of our location is even a decimal point off from any coordinate you ask about, the answer would be NO.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    975 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: PMM

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ok, yes, your RED X's are in the correct spot, as it correlates with my question. So, then the answer is a "NO", correct? I think that's what you are saying..

Mben

Staff member
Ok, yes, your RED X's are in the correct spot, as it correlates with my question. So, then the answer is a "NO", correct? I think that's what you are saying..
Thanks for confirming that. :thumb:

Same map and my same way of thinking and figuring out coordinates for all other latitude/longitude questions so far.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Sorry, misread your question at the end of your comment. The answer is YES, if your location coordinate is even off by a decimal point, then you are def outside of my guess area.

Mben

Staff member
Sorry, misread your question at the end of your comment. The answer is YES, if your location coordinate is even off by a decimal point, then you are def outside of my guess area.
That was a comment, not a question. I meant if you asked are we 45 W and we are 45 and decimal points W, then my answer would be no. And that word "between" weighs heavily when I give my answer. Which is how you phrased your question. See how hard this is for me, besides all you guys? :lol:

So since the answer is NO (I answered your question in a prior post above), someone ask me the question that I can say "yes" to. Also, no one has technically asked the question to determine exactly what country we are in.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
There appears to be a hint in your, "someone ask me the question that I can say "yes" to, statement....but I can't figure it out, and I'm typically quickwitted.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I can confirm, tho, that if you guys are at 45.01 degrees West (which you are not) then you are outside of my question boundary of 45 degrees. And, I can confirm, that if you guys are at 14.99 degrees West then you are inside of my question boundary of 15 degrees.

Mben

Staff member
I can confirm, tho, that if you guys are at 45.01 degrees West (which you are not)
45.01 degrees West is not between 30 degrees West and 45 degrees West. It is .01 degrees West of 45 degrees, right?

That's why I said "no".

I'll change my answer if you tell me I am wrong. Which I have no problem being told I'm wrong. lol

Mben

Staff member
OK, then - to paraphrase robsspot3131, Are you gals between 20 - 30 degrees West?
NO!!!

(That was a hell no!!! lmao!! And if I screwed up answering any question to make you ask the one you just did, I sincerely apologize.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If that question is a "no", then they have to be in a "political" territory of Europe. Certainly can't be geographical.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Wow...political Europe then, eh? (not a question....more rhetorical.....and meant for PSP). That pretty much goes against everything I've been looking at today. I had a feeling you guys were specifically (not very, very, very, etc, ;) specific) at/on an O.C.T., but I just assumed that it would also make geographical sense. This place you gals are at, doesn't make any geo-sense. :swear:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mama's jeet