• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed 'WHERE ARE WE?' FREE TO ENTER CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - JANUARY 2019 - CLOSES WHEN WE HAVE A WINNER!

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If not, you are officially out of European archipelagos....
Acutally, PSP, there are several more European archipelagos, but I TOTALLY see where you're coming from. There's a bit of a misconception as to which continent some places belong to. I don't wanna elaborate, b/c u r my competitor here, but lemme say that you are mainly correct about it being the last European archipelago, but there is a way around that, which I believe the mods have taken, and therefore believe your question to have an answer of "NO"

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
robsspot3131, I know that you haven't been around here very long, but the last thing in the world that I want is their prize money. I am MUCH more interested in the alleged "glory" that the winner gets. If I ever accidentally win one of these contests, don't be surprised if I donate the proceeds to something else. It's not that the money doesn't mean anything to me and I couldn't use it for something good, but it doesn't :thumb:

So, don't consider me a competitor so much as a co- investigator :brian:

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ok, PSP. Understood. Well then, co-investigator, I will give you a bit more of my knowledge, which may be a bit brazen, in an effort to help US solve this. :poker: . I believe there are about 2 dozen countries, territories, islands, etc. that claim a different status than that of being part of the EU. Their reasons are geographical and/or political. For example, the Pitcairn Islands are part of the United Kingdom, though they are geographically closer to Australia and Asia. It basically boils down to sometime about 300 - 400 years ago, the UK had more money than Australia, so they went exploring, and found an island, claimed it. In modern times, the Pitcairn Islanders, for geographical (and perhaps political) reasons said, "You guys can say we are yours, but we're gonna operate as an independent (which are protected by treaties, etc.). So the Islanders of Pitcairn joined up with the OCT. This is what I believe the mods are on here. Not Pitcairn, but possibly an OCT. We can all do our research and see that a place like Curacao is part of Europe...but it's kinda not. The mods are on a "kinda not Europe place". Or, they're on the Vestmannaeyjar Islands, like you said, and I look like an idiot, and therefore will withdraw myself from the competition.....but as I mentioned, I'm a bit brazen, so I'm sure that I'm correct about this. :roll:

slotgal47

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I guess I will make a guess because I am not good at hinting around and really don't know anything about countries. Anyway if I look stupid with my answer blame it on the cardio vert and flu I just had a few days ago, lol. Here goes nothing.

MY GUESS IS: Are you in the UK?

PMM

I guess I will make a guess because I am not good at hinting around and really don't know anything about countries. Anyway if I look stupid with my answer blame it on the cardio vert and flu I just had a few days ago, lol. Here goes nothing.

Slotgal, you can make an official guess at anytime.

No

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
If not, you are officially out of European archipelagos....
I had to look up the definition of an archipelago when the word came up. After reading what the definition was, we determined that our location falls under the category, and maybe not so much the word itself.

ar·chi·pel·a·go
/ˌärkəˈpeləˌɡō/
noun
noun: archipelago; plural noun: archipelagoes; plural noun: archipelagos
  1. a group of islands.
    "the Indonesian archipelago"
    • a sea or stretch of water containing many islands.
I needed to steer all of you a bit in our way of thinking.

Reactions: PMM

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Ok, PSP. Understood. Well then, co-investigator, I will give you a bit more of my knowledge, which may be a bit brazen, in an effort to help US solve this. :poker: . I believe there are about 2 dozen countries, territories, islands, etc. that claim a different status than that of being part of the EU. Their reasons are geographical and/or political. For example, the Pitcairn Islands are part of the United Kingdom, though they are geographically closer to Australia and Asia. It basically boils down to sometime about 300 - 400 years ago, the UK had more money than Australia, so they went exploring, and found an island, claimed it. In modern times, the Pitcairn Islanders, for geographical (and perhaps political) reasons said, "You guys can say we are yours, but we're gonna operate as an independent (which are protected by treaties, etc.). So the Islanders of Pitcairn joined up with the OCT. This is what I believe the mods are on here. Not Pitcairn, but possibly an OCT. We can all do our research and see that a place like Curacao is part of Europe...but it's kinda not. The mods are on a "kinda not Europe place". Or, they're on the Vestmannaeyjar Islands, like you said, and I look like an idiot, and therefore will withdraw myself from the competition.....but as I mentioned, I'm a bit brazen, so I'm sure that I'm correct about this. :roll:

Those would all be reasonable interpretations if we hadn't asked 2 very specific questions:

1. Are you North of 60° North?
and
2. Are you between 5°West and 90° West?

... and Greenland (which starts at approximately 30° West) and anything West is considered North America

That gives us a pretty specific piece of the globe to look on.

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yeah, there somewhere on Greenland, between 35 and 105 miles of the Western Coast, I believe. And, Greenland is "owned" by Denmark (Europe), even though it's part of the OCT, and on the North American tectonic plate. So, there "Europe" location answer is aptly disguised. ;)

Reactions: Mben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77melizar